THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Tuskless Hunt - TONIGHT on OUTDOOR CHANNEL

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tuskless Hunt - TONIGHT on OUTDOOR CHANNEL
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted
Did anybody else happen to catch the Northwest Hunter show earlier this week (23rd)? They were in Dande North hunting tuskless elephant. I was a bit blurry-eyed, but as I recall much of the show was justification for hunting elephant (exploding population, habitat damage, money for conservation, meat for the villagers, etc). It is fairly educational and should not offend any of the NA hunters who think that elephant is an endangered species - but by being diluted it didn't quite catch the excitement of the hunt. As usual too many commercials and too little content, and it ended rather abruptly. The host/hunter was way over-scoped, and sniped a long heart/lung shot on a big tuskless after not being able to steady for the frontal brain shot. They didn't include any of the recovery or even a picture of the downed cow, obviously wanting to be politically correct. They did show the guys distributing some of the meat.

I don't mean to be a critic though, as it was GREAT to see any elephant hunt on The Outdoor Channel. Watch it if you can. Part 2 is "Buffalo & Plainsgame".

Outdoor Channel - Northwest Hunter Show Schedule:

Sat Jul. 29, 2006 8:30 PM Swainson's Safari's - Elephant

Mon Jul. 31, 2006 6:00 AM Swainson's Safari Buffalo
Wed Aug. 02, 2006 12:00 AM Swainson's Safari Buffal
Sat Aug. 05, 2006 8:30 PM Swainson's Safari Buffalo

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Last Call! Big Grin

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I think I have both episodes set to record.

Thanks for the head's up.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Just set the DVR to record it.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote