THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Brian Wilson disavows Beach Boys performance at trophy hunting convention

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brian Wilson disavows Beach Boys performance at trophy hunting convention
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://www.latimes.com/entert...YecPxSGrjzzvPoCxzQwM
Too bad, I liked his earlier music before his mental breakdown. No longer a fan.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Tough shit, Brian. Retire to your bedroom for a few years.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While extremely talented, just another example that talent doesn't mean you know jack about anything. Why doesn't he get off his rich ass and do something about the homeless problem in California?

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 488 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Vote with your pocket book.

Problem is however...99% chance that these days if you are an entertainer...you are anti-gun and anti-hunting.

The days of John Wayne and Bob Wills are gone for good...sadly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
who actually gives a shit what some washed up beach boy thinks???

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve long theorized that the soundtrack in Hell is The Beach Boys on a loop, no loss here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Wilson the talent that he is has not been able to manage his own life let alone make decisions for me or conservation. Mr. Wilson acknowledges that he suffers mental illness from his many LSD trips and heroin self medication. Again Hollywood trying to influence the real world.

Posts: 731 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
He is a pathetic human being. Not just on this, but on many other levels. I have nothing but pity for him.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I do like their music, the Beach Boys are just entertainers, nothing more, nothing less. They are paid to entertain people, not preach to them. People like Brian Wilson need to get over themselves; they just aren't that important.

Posts: 231 | Location: Washington state | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
It’s a good thing I’m young enough (although not that young at 43) to not really care about some idiot from an irrelevant band that burned out years ago.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Typical example of our intolerant society.

What happened to live and let live?

Everyone is too busy complaining about others to enjoy life

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Something to remember when you go off on an endless rant about Mark. I will bring up your words next time you have one of your jihadist MS moments. "Live and let live" and "complaining about others."

Cal
PS.Did you watch Trump's speech? Makes one proud to be an American.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
The funny thing is that the "Beach Boys" had nothing to do with water or beaches except to pose on them.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
quote:

Something to remember when you go off on an endless rant about Mark. I will bring up your words next time you have one of your jihadist MS moments. "Live and let live" and "complaining about others."

Cal

I would never had said a word about him, if he kept his big mouth shut from insulting all other professional hunters.

Nothing to be proud of being led by a multi bankrupt criminal and a draft dodging coward to boot! rotflmo

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is now the Western World obsession to tell others how they should live.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
We should just start another petition to keep out all democraps..

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Brian Wilson is/was a creative genius -- and a very fragile soul. Anyone who puts serious credence in his views on hunting is equally fragile if you ask me. I know -- NOBODY ASKED ME!

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16628 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Cal

A non American lady just asked me, 'What is wrong with these people?'

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
quote:
quote:

Cal

A non American lady just asked me, 'What is wrong with these people?'

That is what we have all been wondering about too.

Some of the posters on this forum might give you a perfect example.

Unable to think for themselves, posting COPY/PASTE from others screaming HE IS MY HERO! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Brian Wilson is/was a creative genius -- and a very fragile soul. Anyone who puts serious credence in his views on hunting is equally fragile if you ask me. I know -- NOBODY ASKED ME!

hilbily

Nothing against you regarding your statement Bill but I could never understand why people refer to musicians, etc as”geniuses”

To me Albert Einstein and the like is a “genius”

Musicians are just weirdos who know how to write songs

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alfredo C:
quote:

hilbily

Nothing against you regarding your statement Bill but I could never understand why people refer to musicians, etc as”geniuses”

Not sure where to start with a comment like that. Understand that music theory is essentially a high-level math, and the best musicians (the geniuses) use that math to create sounds that affect the human soul on a level that differential calculus can’t quite do.

Einstein didn’t actually create anything, he found a way to quantify that which was previously unknown.

They can both be geniuses.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:

It is now the Western World obsession to tell others how they should live.

Jeff

Actually, you’re almost correct but a touch off the mark. You meant to say...

It is now the western world LIBERALS obsession to tell others how they should live.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
quote:

hilbily

Not sure where to start with a comment like that. Understand that music theory is essentially a high-level math, and the best musicians (the geniuses) use that math to create sounds that affect the human soul on a level that differential calculus can’t quite do.

Einstein didn’t actually create anything, he found a way to quantify that which was previously unknown.

I agree Baxter.

Having now delved into music theory in my 50's, I'm amazed at the level of depth the topic encompasses. The geniuses are the ones who manipulate theory to produce new progressions and melodies that don't fit traditional models, thereby opening new avenues for those who follow to explore. They can also be those who redefine how an instrument is utilized. Hendrix would be an example of the latter.

Are there weirdo's who make up songs, even great songs, without knowing music theory? You bet.

There are others who possess a deep level of understanding of music theory and purposefully bend the "rules" to break new ground. I consider them geniuses.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
quote:
quote:

hilbily

I agree Baxter.

Having now delved into music theory in my 50's, I'm amazed at the level of depth the topic encompasses. The geniuses are the ones who manipulate theory to produce new progressions and melodies that don't fit traditional models, thereby opening new avenues for those who follow to explore. They can also be those who redefine how an instrument is utilized. Hendrix would be an example of the latter.

Are there weirdo's who make up songs, even great songs, without knowing music theory? You bet.

There are others who possess a deep level of understanding of music theory and purposefully bend the "rules" to break new ground. I consider them geniuses.

You guys sure know allot of fancy words so you must be much smarter than I am but even with my limited intellect I don’t see how you can put Brian Wilson, Kurt Cobain, lil Wayne, and Albert Einstein in the same sentence.

Yea and you could hear the complex Math when Chuck Berry sings, “My Dingaling”

Move over Leonardo Da Vinci, theres Pure genius at work

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Eh, Bach, Mozart, Paganini, Liszt...ever heard of those guys??

Just because someone is a musician (or mathematician) doesn’t make them a genius. We are talking about people in both who are outside the spectrum of normalcy.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

hilbily

I agree Baxter.

You got it brother!! Hell, I can’t get past the circle of Fifths!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eh, Bach, Mozart, Paganini, Liszt...ever heard of those guys??

Just because someone is a musician (or mathematician) doesn’t make them a genius. We are talking about people in both who are outside the spectrum of normalcy.

Yes my friend absolutely on the names above but to call a guy like Brian Wilson a “Genius” is ridiculous.

The words Genius and Hero should be used sparingly and when appropriate

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

hilbily

I agree Baxter.

You got it brother!! Hell, I can’t get past the circle of Fifths!!!

It was much easier when I was just a drummer.

sofa

One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
I think The Beach Boys disavowed Brian Wilson a long time ago.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian Wilson is a drug addict and mental patient. Who cares about his opinions on anything!

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Well gentlemen, I don't think anyone here has the answer to why the last 100 years has produced so many people that think they are the only one whose opinion matters!

The world was not made for only one type of person, so if they differ in opinion that is no excuse to belittle them simply because another has a different opinion on the same issue.
Opinions are like A-holes everybody has one and they all are for the displacement of excrement, nothing more!

This thread has proven that!

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at a tempting moment.

I think we have all lost that truth to some extent today!

……...............……... diggin wait till I get my fox hole dug before firing you guns!

……...…...……………......…. old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I refuse to pay the L.A. Times, otherwise known as Pravda West, in order to read their articles. Can anyone post the article in a readable form? As for geniuses, it has been said that Einstein became interested in physics because he surmised that the worlds greatest classical composers had somehow found a way to tap into some form of cosmic rhythms that no one else could hear or see.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
Well gentlemen, I don't think anyone here has the answer to why the last 100 years has produced so many people that think they are the only one whose opinion matters!

The world was not made for only one type of person, so if they differ in opinion that is no excuse to belittle them simply because another has a different opinion on the same issue.
Opinions are like A-holes everybody has one and they all are for the displacement of excrement, nothing more!

This thread has proven that!

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at a tempting moment.

I think we have all lost that truth to some extent today!

……...............……... diggin wait till I get my fox hole dug before firing you guns!

……...…...……………......…. old

Well said, Mac.

And further to the spirit of your comments, I will say that my comments above in this thread may have been overly harsh.

Brian Wilson has his demons, and is pitiable on many levels. And I do feel sorry and pity him for those things.

Yet he is a musical innovator, if not a popular music genius. And for that I respect him.

Still, he needs to temper his unfounded criticism of hunters and hunting, and unless and until he does, my respect for him as a human being will be strongly qualified.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

hilbily

To paraphrase a famous quote by Joe Theisman:
"No musician should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote