THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    The madness continues and the countdown begins

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The madness continues and the countdown begins
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted
14 weeks until we leave for Africa, 15 weeks until we enter the Selous. The load development is complete, 350 gr Woodleighs for the 375 and 165gr Barnes TSX for Mrs Blacktailer's 308 Kimber. The pre and post safari tours are coming together thanks to Mark Young and the airline tickets are nearly booked thanks to Kathi. I have re-read just about every book I have on Africa and bought several more over the past year. The wish list of animals keeps growing because we bought a 21 day license but is limited because Mrs Blacktailer says she "doesn't want to live in a lodge". I, on the other hand have always wanted to live in a natural history musuem Big Grin
The Dr and dentist appts are made and a visit to customs will happen soon.
Nothing left to do but dream and practice, practice, practice

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
That's what Mrs. Use Enough Gun said too, until the animals arrived and were placed in the house. Now she enjoys having people come and "tour" more than anyone else! She also likes to relate the stories behind many of them. The other night she told someone who came to the house that Africa was quite addicting. We now have 40 days(a fortnight) and counting!

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
BlackTailer,

Bag them and solve the problem afterwards.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I have nothing like your trip planned ( plains game in SA ) I only have 10 days left and I may just be going crazy waiting. It all was kind of like a dream 8 months ago when I booked but with 10 days to go I can hardly stand it.

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SC-Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm down to 40 days before my first trip. Like you Jtex, it's just a plains game hunt, but I booked mine back in January 2006 and have been counting the days ever since.

I'm finalizing my checklist now of everything to take and where each item will be packed... time to start buying those few missing items!

Posts: 100 | Location: Clover, SC | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
55 days till the Selous ...tick...tick...tick

Posts: 223 | Location: close but no cigar | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mustbhuntn
posted Hide Post
Wack em and stack em deep. They all look good on the wall when they are yours. thumb

Posts: 322 | Location: Green Forest, Arkansas | Registered: 24 March 2007Reply With Quote