New
Find
Notify
Tools

MATETSI ELEPHANT HUNT - DISCOUNTED
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have bull elephant in Unit 5 Matetsi available for this year. Dates available, 14-27 Sep;17 Oct - 10 Dec 2007.

10 days @ $685 per day. TF, $12,000. Buffalo can be added @ $125 more a day. No charter needed. Packing $650.

Regards,

RON OLIVER
830-336--3345
234 W. Bandera Rd 310
Boerne, TX 78006
www.Africahs@aol.com
www.Africahs.com

Posts: 76 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiousity, why would adding a buffalo to an elephant hunt cause an increase in daily rate?

I can see if a guy upgrades from a plains game hunt to a buffalo or elephant, the daily rate goes up, but why would it cost more per day to hunt a lesser trophy?

Posts: 314 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidAk:
Just out of curiousity, why would adding a buffalo to an elephant hunt cause an increase in daily rate? I can see if a guy upgrades from a plains game hunt to a buffalo or elephant, the daily rate goes up, but why would it cost more per day to hunt a lesser trophy?
Not to answer for Ron...but...because you are actually adding days, noting that typically game such as ele and buff are "packaged" per so many days (5, 7, 10, 14, etc depending on the game). So if you add a buffalo to an ele hunt, in most cases you are adding the "package" price as charged by the concession holder. Ditto if you are doing a tuskless or buff hunt and want a second one, for example. Now you might get a buffalo tag for the same number of days, but the effective day rate then increases..basically fun with numbers. I think there are also Gov't minimums which must be met. This being said, end of year deals may be better, especially if you are dealing with the concession holder himself who has quota to move.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Just a guess. The buffalo is on quota and could/would be available for another hunter as a primary species at $600@day or so. A portion of the daily rate that buffalo hunter would have paid is represented by the $125.00. Look at what a 21 day for all species cost. More than a single DG species, usually??? Anyone agree?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That seems a pretty decent rate Ron. What would be a reasonable expectation for ivory? I assume this is exportable? What else is available? You can PM if you want.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi, Yes, trophy is exportable. There are many elephants visiting Unit 5 from 1 August on. Unit 5 has 3 rivers (shallow) that run year round which bring in many elephants, buffalo and plains game from the Hwange National Park and surronding units in Matetsi. You can expect a 40 pound elephant. But we have seen larger this year. I don't guarantee trophy size though. Unit 5 is about 250 square miles and the game comes and goes. I will be leaving 25 August until 15 October and will be at Unit 5 with clients hunting elephants and buffalo.
Waterbuck, kudu, zebra, impala, warthog, reedbuck and others available. I also have a tuskless elephant cow available which I can add at trophy fee only, $2500. Can be a VERY exciting hunt but nothing can be exported.

The reason this hunt is discounted because earlier client did not shoot an elephant. His choice. I hope I have answered your questions. If you would like to phone me please do, 830-249-5678.

Thanks and regards,

RON OLIVER
830-336--3345
234 W. Bandera Rd 310
Boerne, TX 78006
www.Africahs@aol.com
www.Africahs.com

Posts: 76 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bbt

RON OLIVER