New
Find
Notify
Tools

I F N Logistics Windhoek
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody had dealings with them shipping trophies back from Namibia?

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Twice
The 1st time they shipped within 3 months. Really happy!
2nd time, over 6 months. Not happy.
6 months would not have been that bad, but they kept telling me, "we're finishing up the paperwork & will ship next week".
That went on for 4 months.
1 client sent his private plane from Europe to pick up his safari from the taxidermist. There was a white rhino involved, the outfitter & taxidermist had all of their paperwork in order & was told that IFN had theirs in order.
The plane left with everything except the rhino on it as IFN had dropped the ball on their end.
They were going through a shakeup in managment at that time, not sure how that turned out.
Good Luck

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I F N is and has been off, for a long time. Infact, over 6 years, best advise look for another. Transworld......

Posts: 5 | Location: namibia | Registered: 12 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
They shipped my trophies in 2010 and I had no problems. Safari was in early May and my trophies were here by the end of August. I was even able to negotitate the freight costs a little bit.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam
It was about the time you got your trophies that things went south at IFN.
Peter DeVillers had been running it & by my standards, doing a good job. IMHO
He left & things went downhill, at least for the timeframe I was dealing with them.
Maybe, they've recovered, I don't know.
All I wanted was the truth, if it is going to be 2 months or a year, just tell me, I'll deal with it.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Bwana,
Peter was who I was dealing with. The little communications I had with him, he was very responsive. I've only had the one dealing with them, but I understand your frustration. Hope things have improved.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ever since Peter left its not being doing well. Peter left and has, I think, started his own company. We had our trophies shipped with his company the last time and everything went smoothly. In fact IFN was screwing around and we got so tired of dealing with them I contacted Peter and he took over the shipment from IFN and got it to us in a timely fashion.

Here are Peter's details:

Peter de Villiers
Pronto Global Air & Ocean Freight

Email: peter@prontoglobalfreight.com
Cell: +264 81 637 4666 | Office: +264 61 402 993 | Fax: +264 61 265 338 | Fax to Email: +264 088 637 479
P.O. Box 11388, Klein Windhoek, Windhoek
12 Schleswig Street, Unit 2, Lafrenz Industrial Area, Windhoek
Namibia

Hope it helps.

Jas

Posts: 82 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: 06 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter is now with Pronto Global Air and Ocean Freight,,,, I am still weighting for shipment from after the first of the year. They have been paid and they will not respond to where my shipment is or when it might arrive. Same old thing from Africa for me,,

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
Drwes,
Did you ship with Pronto or IFN?

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shipped with Pronto,,, I have been waiting for two weeks now for them to give me a location of where my shippment is located of if it has been shipped with no reply,,,Africa is on a different time/year zone than me

One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
drwes, pm sent

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i used Pronto i was really happy with them.

Posts: 87 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used both Int'l Air Cargo Services (Pam) and IFN in 2007 (when Peter ran it). No problems with either, and they are very responsive. Peter was top notch to dealwith then, and I have no doubt that he is back on top with Pronto also.

Will be using Pam Foerster and IACS again next month, and also Maria with Hunter International.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuckmaxman:
Anybody had dealings with them shipping trophies back from Namibia?
Hey I had a shipment from the US to Nam. took the guys over 2 years. That was it for me. Better luck next time for u. Cheers

Posts: 5 | Location: namibia | Registered: 12 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received an email today from Peter at Pronto that my shipment was at the airport and should be through Germany in 7 days and he would update us on the progress. Maybe you guys made his ears burn and he got things moving. We will see if it happens as he tells us.