THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: What Walter Saw From His Bathroom!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What Walter Saw From His Bathroom!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Adolescent, male elephant=potential trouble. Lucky Walter...

s

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We had two D-SLR cameras, a Nikon D1x and a Nikon D70. Both performed great, as one would have expected.

The D1x is the better camera, quality wise, no question about it.

Of the rest, which included the following:

Nikon CoolPix 8700
Canon Pro 1
Sony P100
Canon Ixus500
Canon S1 IS

All worked as expected both during the day and with flash. The exception being the Sony P100. It worked great under good light conditions, but was terrible at night.

The Sony P100 and Canon S1 IS both have great video capability - as good as any Hi8mm camera.

I found myself using the Canon S1 IS more than any of the other cameras. The quality was fantastic for a 3.2 MB camera, and it has a 10X optical zoom, as well as the ability to take full motion video.

I would happily recommend any of the above cameras, taking into consideration what I have said about the Sony at night.

Posts: 68697 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed: Absolutely stunning photographs...that elephant looks like it wanted to fight...tell Walter he is a brave man for taking those photos.

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Speaking of pictures, how did that test of the digital cameras come out?

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote