THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Real Estate agent said get rid of my trophies!!!!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Real Estate agent said get rid of my trophies!!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last May, I experienced the same thing. Only I knew that was the case before being told.
It’s not rocket science, a large number of the population does not hunt, and some of them are totally against hunting. And the rest of us love it.
I moved my 25 or so heads and rugs to my sons basement.
Sold my house in about 10 days.
I was interested in selling my house, not showing my trophies to a bunch of people that wouldn’t appreciate them.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I sold the Weatherby’s house as they were packing up to move the company to WY. This was the second one I’d sold for them so they knew I was going to recommend packing up the taxidermy, but some of the mounts had just been finished so they wanted to look at them for a while. Even though we’re in a pretty pro-hunting area (for CA…) we still had several buyers agents say the taxidermy distracted some of the buyers.

They wanted to sell the house and there’s no reason to limit the pool of buyers (as others have said) so as they got closer to moving they packed the stuff up and took it to the shop. The house sold pretty shortly after that - the ultimate buyer probably wouldn’t have cared one way or the other. But why not make it pretty generic so it looks like a fit for as many buyers as possible?

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Having enough money not to give a sh$t what a$$holes think is the best thing about having any money at all.

Just my 2$$.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote