New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: My traveling fiasco 2004
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I agree completely with your opinion of the Airbus. I found myself thinking in a fatigued and frustrated stupor as we lifted off from Sal island that it might not be that bad if we crashed on take-off.

Posts: 245 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Jorge,

I am checking out the Air Namibia flights, I have a meeting with their West Coast sales guy this coming week. I picked up some Air Namibia material at SCI.

Their proposal is to use Singapore Air to connect from the US via Frankfurt or London. They are either flying or going to fly MD 11s, but also have Airbus in their plans. They say they configure their economy class seats with an 86 cm pitch (distance between seat rows), same as Singapore Air.

They fly to Windhoek, but have flights onward to Vic Falls for example.

It is really the airline who specifies the cabin configuration, and it sounds like SAA should get an onion award for their choices here. My wife and I first flew with SAA in the good old days when their service and attention to detail was first cabin all the way.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SAA told me just his week that I cannot lock my checked bags. ???? Therefore they said I had to lock the ammo in a seperate container in the checked bag. They mentioned the cash box as had been brought up on AR earlier.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the passport incident, but, man, did you have an incredible travel agent or what! I'd have sent you home and never thought of flying you to DC to update it!

The Airbus is the worst airplane I have EVER ridden in, including those damn commuter planes you catch to littlle bitty towns in the middle of nowhere. We were amazed when the 737 we flew from Jo'burg to Harare had more legroom and seat width for the two hour flight than the Airbus had for an eighteen hour flight! We should all send hate e-mails to SAA regarding the use of the Airbus. Not that it would do any good, but it would make me feel better. Has anyone explored buying two economy seats together on the window sides just for themselves? It's still cheaper than Business Class!

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote