THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zambia late season buff/ Sable availability

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambia late season buff/ Sable availability
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks

We have 4 buffalo available in Chanjuzi. This is a great area surrounded by 3 parks. Late season Oct. onward is very good for buffalo there.

1x1 $5950
2x1 $5250

Concession fee $1000
License $550
Bird license $120 (required)
Dip/Pack $750

Buff trophy fee $1500

I've hunted along the Luangwa in Sept. and the game was very concentrated all along the river. I can only imagine in Oct. when it is even drier. I would really expect it to be a zoo.

Yes! It will be hot.

The thread about people's wish list for plains game made think someone might be interested in sable in Zambia. We have one of the best areas that actually produced a 50" bull last year. Average expectation should be for a sable of 42". This is not a bargain hunt but you can do it on a 10 day schedule and expect to shoot a big sable as well as a lot of other game.

Shoot me an e-mail or call if you are interested.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Just simply a question out of curiosity.

Why is the bird license required?

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graybird,

That is a good one. My guess is that ZAWA thought a lot of birds got killed for the pot with no revenue coming in from it so in their infinite wisdom decided everyone needed a license regardless of wether they shot birds or not. One thing you can be sure of is when I go back some birds WILL go in the pot. Actually I think a bird license was always required for wing shooting but the requirement was not really enforced.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
Just simply a question out of curiosity.

Why is the bird license required?

Graybird

Graybird

With that handle both you and I (Peter Bird) should be careful about BIRD HUNTING roflmao

More seriously ... it is not for you or I to ask why ZAWA does things, remember this is ZAMBIA we MUST obey and do as ZAWA says or we dont do it at all, that unfortunately is how it works in the deep dark depths of Real Africa, I'm not joking bawling

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I figured the story went something like that. I agree with you 100% with the next trip there will be feathers flying. Plus, if going to spend the money for a bird license you cen bet that if it flies ... it dies.

Peter,

I'm afraid you are correct as well. In many places and instances there are many stupid rules/laws! If you want to play you must pay.

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote