New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Big 30
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We hunted 30 days straight, never thought I would ever be so lucky. I called my mom 2 or 3 times a day to give her reports. She said it helped her with her chemo and radation. Since she has been out hunting a couple times she knows what I'm talking about when I give her the days events. She would have been hard in her if I stayed here, she was right for me to leave and I am glad I listened.

Tomarrow I'll post a detailed list of the game taken. Overall the hunt was great it did slow down alot a week after the rains. It rained my second week and by the beggining of the fourth week the hunting was way off compaired to the first couple weeks. Overall the hunting was fantastic.

Sadly we couldnt finish all the animals on quota for the season, probably would have if the rains didnt slow things down. We left behind 1 elephant bull, 1 buffalo, 1 male lion, 5 leopards, 3 kudu, 1 zebra, 1 reedbuck, some impala, 1 klipspringer, lots of baboons. And probably a few things that I cant remember. I wish I could have stayed as long as it would have took to finish them off.

We shot video of our May hunt (22 days) and Oct(30 days) May still hasent been edited yet. Alan was to busy hunting to get to it. If were lucky he will have both May and Oct done when he comes to SCI in Jan. I'll keep everyone posted. I also have the 2002 video on DVD now he gave it to me at camp and said he made a few small changes to it. I'm going to find out duplacation costs like last time and hook everyone up the best I can. He is working on an editing company and we discussed at length how to make hunting videos better(voice over, special effects, post shot comentary, how long the shot is etc.)

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Hi Eric,
Good to hear that your mom is doing OK. You may have to post her list of game animals as well. Sounds like your having a good time on your trips. I'm still interested in getting a copy of your original video if you still have some available. I'll send you an e-mail fom here.
Take good care,
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had a great hunt! I really enjoyed the copy of your video you sent me. Thank you very much for your generosity. I will keep your mother in my prayers.

Posts: 82 | Location: Loxley,AL | Registered: 25 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, sounds like a full hunt...BTW I never received a copy of the other video, are there any left?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
Eric,

Good to hear back from you that your hunt was a success. Look forward to hearing the details.

BigBullet

Posts: 1212 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Man, 30 days! That's awesome. Can't wait to hear the gory details. Glad to hear that your adventures keep your mom's spirits lifted. That's a good a reason as any to keep hunting...

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a few copys of the 2002 video left. emial me at ericsfreevideo@hotmail.com. sorry for not shipping before. I'll make sure now that im back that they go out. The next videos should be great too, we had some great raw footage.(the lion was great).

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great!
My long-lost-bro' LV Eric, known in Viking circles as "Eric the Red" and "Eric the Generous" has returned triumphant again from another quest.

Our prayers and best wishes for your Mom and you.

Please note that the "DaggaRon" handle has been traded in for "RIP" but you can call me Ron.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote