New
Find
Notify
Tools

LU 5 in the Selous
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am booked to hunt LU 5 with Adam Clements Aug 28 to Sept 7 for Buff and PG. Who all has been there or can offer any advise ? My PH is Wayne Clark.

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
I have not hunted LU5, but I have hunted with Wayne in Zim twice and have had great safaris including shooting a 200 lb leopard on his family's farm.
Wayne will give you 100%. His trophy judgement is fast and accurate, if he says shoot don't hesitate.
I'm sure you will have a great time.

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One time BTTT there must be more of you than KINO that know about LU 5

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Hey Bob, As you know I didn't hunt LU5, but the concession sounds very scenic with rolling hills, river beds and good hunting. Wayne said that if one can walk, it would be possible to hunt far from the roads and target the old bulls, tracking from the springs and such. I hope somebody w/experience in LU5 posts. I have Wayne's cell number while he is here in the States, call/email if you would like it. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob,
Since we have already spoken about LU-5, this is for those others who have not had the great opportunity. My wife and I were there with Adam and Safari Trackers in Sept/Oct 03. We had an exceptional time and loved the Luwegu River and the diverse topography of this Selous Block.
We saw Buff every day and had one herd of over 300 come through within one mile from camp. We were looking for bait for cats and got a 38 1/2 and a 39inch with out working too hard. We had opportunities for 5 of the 6 DG in the first week and took all but Lion. I believe it is one of the best places for Patterson Eland and Crocodile. My wife loved it because it had minimal Tsetse Flies, and abundant water for showers, and we always saw game when we were traveling the minimal roads that were cut at that time. Adam has opened up more roads and moved the camp to a more centrally located, beautiful location that we looked at when we were there. Bob you and Wayne will have no problem finding places to hike into on foot if that is your pleasure. The Riverine to upland dry plateaus were a nice change to some blocks monotony of the same old stuff. We did not seriously try for Roosevelt Sable, but I know that they have been successful with quality animals in the last 3 years. PG like Nyasa Wildebeest, Lichtenstein Hartebeest, Zebra, Warthog, Baboon, EA Bushbuck, Greater Kudu,and Waterbuck are around as well.
Bob we look forward to a great report on your return.
Great Hunting.
Robert

Posts: 115 | Location: Garner, NC | Registered: 09 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTTT anyone hunt LU 5?

Bob Clark