New
Find
Notify
Tools

heading to Zim in a week
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Heading out to Zim next week for 15 days of hunting in SAVE, savulli and massapas. Original plan was for leopard, probably not a good time for that, plus I found out elephant and buff were still on quote, that is a much more appealing style of hunt. So the 500 MDM will roll along with. Been since 2013 that I have hunted the continent, looking forward to a bush campfire and the sounds of African nights.

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Go well and keep the sun on your back and the wind in your face.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brent, the 500 MDM will certainly handle anything you may come across. I love mine.

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
What's an MDM?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The MDM is one of Michael Mcoury's rifles. It is a 19" barrel winchester action with a 500 bore barrel shooting a blonw out full size 375 ultra mag case. Last ele i shot was full charge cow at 15 yds. Found 500 gr solod ceb buried in her hip bone! Easiet handling rifle i have ever owned

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brent ebeling:
Heading out to Zim next week for 15 days of hunting in SAVE, savulli and massapas. Original plan was for leopard, probably not a good time for that, plus I found out elephant and buff were still on quote, that is a much more appealing style of hunt. So the 500 MDM will roll along with. Been since 2013 that I have hunted the continent, looking forward to a bush campfire and the sounds of African nights.

Have fun! I miss the smell of mopane.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brent, where in the save will you be? My wife and I will be with Butch Coaton and Roger Whittall Safaris on their Humani Ranch next 08/21-09/31

Posts: 1625 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Heading out to Zim next week for 15 days of hunting in SAVE, savulli and massapas" Brent said

If you leave Humani and get back on the main road, turn into the Mokore Ranch and drive right through their yard you can follow the Turgwe right up to the Savuli Ranch. Basically just one Save block away.

Huge herds of Buff, Zebra and Wildebeest on Savuli last year when we where there. I have heard that the rains where good so they might not be as concentrated but will still be plenty.
Get ready to see some beautiful country. Make sure you take a long hike tracking the dugga boys in the hills, they will be looking over their shoulder, the lions are always after them.

Good luck and report back

Posts: 1018 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr:
Brent, where in the save will you be? My wife and I will be with Butch Coaton and Roger Whittall Safaris on their Humani Ranch next 08/21-09/31

I will be in savuli and masapas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who are you hunting with and what PH are you hunting with? Have a great time. The Save is a special place.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry ander. Great eight hunting. Thanks. I have always enjoyed it there

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Brent, travel safe and shoot straight.

I just got home from a buff hunt here in Aus and again used my .500 MDM with awesome effect !

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have fun and be safe.

Fjold, I too miss the smell of mopane woodsmoke.

I have a knot of mopane on my desk, that I pick up and smell occasionally. I am thinking of making it into a necklace.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Make sure you check with your travel agent for flights in to Zimbabwe..

Issues with SAA are taking place.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote