Find
Notify
Tools

New SCI #1 Bushbuck...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
I stumbled across this photo on the Cruiser Safaris website. They claim this to be the new SCI #1 Limpopo Bushbuck....(which I believe). It is a HUGE animal!!

Thought you guys would enjoy seeing it.

Source: http://www.cruisersafaris.com/trophy_fees.htm

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Greg Rodriguez books for them...

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that. Very fine trophy indeed.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9901 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That's a dandy for sure!

~Ann

Posts: 19225 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew McLaren
You should go and dig near this operation.
I dare say you will find a lot to be offended by based on your latest string of posts.

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great trophy! A prime animal not broomed yet?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Not wanting to rain on this parade & hence the next question - Do bush buck cross breed with Nyala in the wild or in a game ranch?

Here in NZ we get Sika / Red deer cross in the wild. North of Afghanistan they get the markhor crossing with the hialayan ibex in the wild. In parts of Colorado you get mule deer & white tails deer crossing.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by African Hunters Quest:
Andrew McLaren
I dare say you will find a lot to be offended by based on your latest string of posts.

Hello AHQ,

I did not know that you and Pieter & Lizelle Lamprecht are neighbors? Does your shooting area share a fecne with them, or are you merey "close" to them? Roll Eyes

That is a very nice bushbuck! Does anyone know, or want to guess or estimate, the length of the longest horn?

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Big Grin 22 and somthing

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Wow! Looks like someone shrunk down a Mt. nyala.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 17" Chobe and this Limpopo dwarfs it. I'd guess the length at 20" if not more.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Someone shot my bushbuck? I was saving him for next year! Eeker

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12592 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I hunted with Cruiser Safaris in 09, Pieter told me he killed the #1 bushbuck. He had seem it from the road one day and found out who owned the farm and got permission to hunt it. I thought be said it was 21 something. I didn't think to much more about it until today.

Posts: 135 | Location: Canton, Ga. USA | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Bus

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
Barry,

Thanks for thinking of me, but I book for Crusader Safaris, not Cruiser. It's a heck of a bushbuck, though.

Greg Rodriguez
Global Adventure Outfitters, Inc.
www.GAOHunts.com
(281) 494-4151

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
Not wanting to rain on this parade & hence the next question - Do bush buck cross breed with Nyala in the wild or in a game ranch?

The Spiral horns dont interbreed.Kudu,Nyala,bushbuck,Eland ~

Very Nice bushbuck

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of spear
posted Hide Post
Was it possibly taken at night with spotlight or did they just take the pictures much later.

Posts: 78 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leopard spiral horns do inerbreed like the koeland in namibia and we got bushbuck nyala that interbreed also so watch out they do sometimes.

Spear if its the animal they shot in marble hall and do look like it it was very late afternoon when you come hunt hannah again come say hi for a beer.

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spear:
Was it possibly taken at night with spotlight or did they just take the pictures much later.

It was not taken at night, he hunted it for a long time very wise old bushbuck, our family had the pleasure of accepting the award for Peter, Great family as well.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Pieter is a great guy, that is really cool that he got this toad! I actually hunted with him my first time over there. We did a muzzleloader safari, and he got a real kick out of it as it was the first muzzleloader he had any experience with.

There was one taken years ago in Sengwe II area that was right at 21" - I guess this one broke that record. They are both crazy big! Congrats Pieter...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
Pieter is a great guy, that is really cool that he got this toad! I actually hunted with him my first time over there.

That's is just too cool - I had my first safari with Pieter and Liz as well. +1 on a fine operation.

What a beast of a buck. I want one.

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by African Hunters Quest:
Andrew McLaren

Hello AHQ,

I did not know that you and Pieter & Lizelle Lamprecht are neighbors? Does your shooting area share a fecne with them, or are you merey "close" to them? Roll Eyes

Andrew
No, not close to them. I do however know one of their young PH's who worked for them for a long time. He may still be there.
I also know the young PH's father who shared rather an interesting story about his son being involved in a shoot as you have described in your previous posts

At the time that I heard the story I went to the outfitters website and was surprised at just how many 55"+ Kudu had been taken on their property. At the time there were pictures of several per season. They used to list the trophies by year at that time.
I went back to have a look now and they had some magnificent Kudu. Hell any outfitter who has 3 60" plus kudu under their belt must be doing something right. One of them measured 64". Now Andrew, you are an old man, how many 60" Kudu have you guided clients to in your time.

Anyway, just some observations. Are you good friends with the Lamprechts, do you book any hunting with them perhaps? Or refer clients there?

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pieter Kriel
posted Hide Post
It possibly ended up as # 2 SCI. 20 5/8 and 20 7/8" is when I saw it at the taxidermist. A real dandy.

AHQ for your info, Andrew is not old. He's just been around for a very long time Wink

Mkulu African Hunting Safaris
www.huntinginafricasafaris.com
hunt@huntinginafricasafaris.com

Posts: 210 | Location: Pretoria | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote