Find
Notify
Tools

Infinito Prize
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted
I regret to inform everyone that I cannot make the hunt and will let Infinito give it to another lucky hunter. I have talked to Infinito about my situation and wish them the best. They have been very professional and understanding of my situation. It saddens me I can't go to Africa this year and if everything goes well I will be in a better position in the future to go. I thank everyone involved and wish the next lucky hunter the best.

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ouch! That sucks!!
Why didn't I enter!??!??! killpc

Probably because I never win anything! Ever!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
It is very sad that PoppaW could not make the trip especially since he hasnt hunted Africa before. Since it was the 2nd person who was drawn and could not make it, we have decided to draw 5 different names and who ever books first will have the prize. (We need to have a winner and don’t want to drag it out much longer.)

So if anyone is in contact with the names of the lucky ones drawn please help us to get their attention as soon as possible. I understand that flight tickets are getting more expensive the closer you book to the time so we would like to handle this as quickly as possible.

I will be checking my e-mail trough the weekend regularly and will post the names after 3pm our local time so that we catch most people when they are awake.

Just to refresh the prize was $150.0 daily fees for 5 days and includes an impala or blesbuck trophy for the winner. You can add other trophies and extra days at the normal rates and observers are welcome at $150 per day.

Then as an extra bonus you can bring an extra hunter/friend and hunt 2x1 and his rate will be $200 instead of our normal rate of $300 per hunter hunting 2x1 the discount will only count for the 5 days.

So whoever entered the competition and hasn’t been drawn before keep an eye out for the names later today. Best of luck to all of you.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Ok here are the names of the 5 lucky ones.

First one to set a date and book wins the prize. So please if you know any of the members listed see if you can contact them to help them you never know maybe you could be the lucky one going with. This will be a race against time. thumb Good luck.

peterdk
    Elkfitter
    Palmer
    LonestarLobbyist
    idahoelk100

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
hi frederik

i just got the mail, and im game, lets talk dates. if i made it first, that would indeed be an adventure.

best regards

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Frederik,

I think we should stick to the original conditions of the contest.

One did not have to book a hunt to win in the original posting, so I do not think it is fair to change the conditions now.

==================

Ok for celebrating the launch of our new made over, updated website www.infinito-safaris.com we Charl and myself have decided to throw in a competition.

This competition is OK'ed by Saeed.

The winner will get 5 days full hunting at a reduced rate of $150.00 per day with the same quality as normal standard rates. And the winner will be able to choose from a Impala or a Blesbuck trophy as well included.

To win you need to send us a personal e-mail stating the following.

I want to hunt Africa.
Yes I will be able to hunt the prize in 2008.
My AR screen Name is .........
The answer to your question is ........

Now the question, please include what has been left out of this sentence.

Also .........., who manages the office in our absence.

The answer can be found on our website.
www.Infinito-Safaris.com

The competition will run until next Thursday the 7th of February 2008 when we will cut off all e-mails sent in after 5pm SA time.
The winner will be drawn by wait for it, Walter the great !
The draw will then take place the next day Friday the 8th of February 2008

So, we at Infinito Safaris will have nothing to do with the draw except to pass on the correct entrants details to Walter.

Conditions.
The hunt will be conducted from our basecamp in Groblersdal Limpopo South Africa.
Observers and hunters can join the winner at the normal rate and all extra days will be charged as normal.
The hunt must be conducted in 2008 and can only be passed on to another AR member if the winner will not be able to collect his prize.
All other trophies and animals taken or wounded will be paid for as per our normal price list.
The full daily rates of $750.00 ($150.00 x 5 days) has to be paid in full before the end of March 2008.

So all competitors can send their e-mails and answers to
Info@Infinito-Safaris.com

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Saaed,

We had two people who was drawn back out of the prize and I would just like the other people who has entered have a chance as well to win.

The conditions were still that someone could come at reduced rates of $150.00 per day for daily rate and include a impala or blesbuck trophy from the start, "john e" our first winner could not work out dates for the prize neither could "Poppaw".

So rather than to have the prize go to waste let someone have a chance who will be able to make the trip this year.

The competition did stipulate that they must state that they will be able to hunt with us this year if they won.

quote:
To win you need to send us a personal e-mail stating the following.

I want to hunt Africa.
Yes I will be able to hunt the prize in 2008.
My AR screen Name is .........
The answer to your question is ........

So far our previous winners has not been able to commit and as the year is moving on we would really like to have a winner for the competition. The competition basically was to win a hunt at reduced fees and 1 free trophy animal blesbuck or impala not a total free hunt.

That is why we drew 5 names now as we have lost over a month of time since the first winner and as of yet have no confirmed winner. The longer we let this roll on the more difficult it will be for any of our contestants if they win to fix dates and make plans to come.

Saaed, thank you again for letting us run the competition but we would really like to have a winner for it. I hope you understand.

Frederik Cocquyt

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Frederik,

Please bear with me.

I think I must be missing something here.

The original conditions did say that the winner will have to take the hunt in 2008, but, I am not able to find where it actually state that they have to BOOK a hunt to win.

That is my point. Please point it up to me from the copy I have added above.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Saaed,

Ok now I get the point sorry didnt read your post correctly. "To book a date" that is what I mean with book. In other words to set a date.

The contestants only had to answer a question and state that they will hunt with us if they win.

But with lack of times we drew 5 different names and whoever confirms first with set dates from the 5 will get the prize.

Sorry.

Frederik Cocquyt

posted Hide Post
Frederik:
I want to truly thank you for the opportunity that you have provided me and everyone else at AR. Though I dream of hunting Africa some day soon, I am not financially able to make it a reality at this time. At this point in my life, my attention and finances are centered around raising my young children. Once again, thank you. I will happily withdraw my name from consideration and defer to another lucky hunter.

Posts: 4 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 08 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
date is set, money was sent today. now i just have to wait untill late aug.

this will be my first hunting trip to africa, and im like a child waiting for chrismas....

im already looking over the rifles, as to which im going to take. choises choises

best regards

peter

thanks again to frederik and all at infinito for pushing me over the egde regarding africa

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Peter,

I suppose you have no idea what you are letting yourself into ??? Big Grin

Once Africa is in your blood your are history. thumb

I dont know about you but time is flying this year so far it still feels like end of January and we are nearing April. So next thing I know I will be picking you up at the airport.

Frederik Cocquyt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frederick
I just saw your email (it went to my spam folder). For personal reasons I will not be able to do any traveling this year. It's great that peterdk is able to make the trip, I'm sure he will have a great time.

Peterdk, I will be looking for your report upon your return. Have a blast

elkfitter

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari-Hunt:
Peter,

I suppose you have no idea what you are letting yourself into ??? Big Grin

Once Africa is in your blood your are history. thumb

I dont know about you but time is flying this year so far it still feels like end of January and we are nearing April. So next thing I know I will be picking you up at the airport.

i only have a slight idea, so i had to buy a video called "limpopo safari 1" today to get some idea about the terrain and such, that just made me want to go even more.

i will just have to settle with roebuck stalking during the summer while i wait and ask stupid questions here on the forum.

the gun will be either the 9,3-74r heutier or the atkin if it is finished and ready to go by then.

this will be fun.

best regards

peter

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
The 9.3 will work super thumb

If you would like to buy some more good videos or dvd's contact CChunter or visit his webshop he has a big collection to choose from. He is only a short way away from you in Sweden.

www.cchunter.se

Frederik Cocquyt

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
great idea

i will contact the big viking about it Wink

cheers

peter

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
the hunt report is up.

again thank you frederik and charl, we will see each other next year.

peter