New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anyone hunted cheetah?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I took one with a bow in Zimbabwe in 1997.It was a very exciting stalk and I enjoyed it a great deal.In 2000 ,again in Zimbabwe I watched a cheeta hunt with dogs and again it was exciting .Till that day I did not know that a cheeta could climb trees.Not very graceful but he sure got up there.

Hope one day I can bring mine back and give him the propper mount that he deserves.

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So now I�m very concvinced that they go on the "NO" list right up there with giraffe (my personal list! to each his own!). Thanks guys.

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess doing it with a bow is different -getting really close etc. And hunting them if they start hitting livestock is more of problem animal control. Some places have them a bit cheaper and I guess I was just wishing them to be a be more of a challenge -like a low budget lion sort of thing.

Good things don�t come easy -or cheap!

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was in Namibia in July, we happened upon one out in a huge broad plain called "Cheetah Valley". They are really hard on the villagers goats and also the blesbok and springbok, so the ranchers take them down if they can. This one simply ran away from us in the Land Cruiser. They do want $3500 for them, same as a leopard, but I can't see shooting one.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can't bring the trophies into the USA. There have been some discussions but to no avail.

It's a chance encounter thing. Most Namibian game farmers shoot them or allow clients to shoot them, as they are hell on small antelope.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote