THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Need ideas for a life size Warthog mount

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need ideas for a life size Warthog mount
 Login/Join

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
I'm going to have the Warthog I recently took in Namibia done as a life size mount. I'd like something other than the Warthog running with the tail up pose. Has anyone got any suggestions for it?

one of us
Picture of Giraffe Hunter
posted Hide Post
I have seen a picture of a warthog mount where it was coming out of its hole in the ground. I do not remember where saw it perhaps someone here knows.

Giraffe Hunter

Posts: 286 | Location: Corning, NY | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
If it was a memorible shot recreate it as you saw it as you pulled the trigger.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How bout an apple in its mouth and a spit up its bum?? Razzer

If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the precipitate.

Posts: 425 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suggest having it mounted in the mouth of a 10ft black maned lion. Gives you an excuse to go back!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A Meerkat! Then you will really have a excuse to go back to africa for the "Lion King". FNMauser

Strike while the iron is hot! Look before you leap!He who hesitates is lost! Slow and steady wins the race! Time waits for no man! A stitch in time saves nine! Make hay while the sun shines! ect. ect.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kentucky U.S.A. " The land that is dark with blood" | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Mike

You need a leopard - ie a reason for another safari - then hang the warthog in a tree with the leopard.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I have the picture Giraffe Hunter is talking about.

Not my picture, but I sent it to my taxidermist who is doing a similar mount.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Some years ago, in SA, I had the chance of close watching a few small warthogs feeding on grass roots. When doing so, and in order to get closer to the ground for digging, they bend their front legs and stand on their knees (elbows?).I believe that such a warthog mount would be really nice!

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Running with it's tail straight up in the air.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

From one of our members (not sure of his AR handle).

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A-TEAM
posted Hide Post
My nieghborhood liquer store has a full mount warthog that is very cool. He is siiting up like a dog with it's weight on his right front leg and scratching his chin or neck with it's left rear leg. The hog seems to be grining. I will try to get a picture for you. Even your wife will like this one.

"You want me to get one of my skilled guys to do that"

Posts: 35 | Location: FOX RIVER VALLEY WI. | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Giraffe Hunter
posted Hide Post
graybird,

That is the same picture I was referring to.

Giraffe Hunter

Posts: 286 | Location: Corning, NY | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The guy that owns the local gun shop near me suggested I place a shoulder mount of a warthog over the powderbath door, then mount the ass end and place it over the inside of the door so when you sit down to do your business you look up and see it. Thought it would be fun just to hear the laughter coming from the bathroom every time I had someone new over to the house.

Posts: 1532 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Upending a big rock with his tusk.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go for the mount with him emerging from the hole - great way to show the tusks and should be a good conversation piece.

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
Go for the mount with him emerging from the hole - great way to show the tusks and should be a good conversation piece.

Phil

On a VERY Monty Python note. You could mount the ass-end going INTO a hole and put it in an ajoining room! I'd like partial credit if you go this way beer

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
I have a picture, from a South African Taxidermy shop, of a Warthog in what they called the "Butler" mount. The warthog is standing on it's hind legs with the forelegs sticking out and a serving tray on one of them. Not overly respectful of the critter but it would be a conversation starter. I haven't been able to figure out how to post the picture, if your are interested drop me a pm.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple of ideas. The grandkids love the candy on the butlers tray.

Posts: 30 | Location: USA | Registered: 05 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Trying again.

posted Hide Post
And the other one.

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Some pics I found the other day looking for full mounts of other animals:
Taxidermy Africa
Look at the bottom of this page.

Did see some similar mounts on another web site as well, but can`t recall the location... Just make a search and look through the galleries of different firms..

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Thank you. I've gotten some excellent ideas from you all. They were just what I was looking for.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Carr:

From one of our members (not sure of his AR handle).

Very nice, and a normal should mount could probably be used for it as well.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote