Notify
Tools

Pull up a chair and say hi!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Msichana
posted
Hi Everyone!

If you can, stop by to see us in booth 822/824 at DSC and booth 2119 at SCI. wave

We'll have a chair available for any AR member who needs a little break!

Posts: 122 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 20 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Will visit you at both shows how's that...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Msichana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
Will visit you at both shows how's that...

Mike

Fantastic! Smiler See you there!

Posts: 122 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 20 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always print a map showing the booth locations at the DSC and mark the ones I don't want to miss. I have your's marked. I 'll stop by to say hello and discuss a future hunt.

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We'll see you at the show.

I've always wanted to learn Afrikans but haven't found a way to go about it. I have been working on Swahili using Roseta Stone, how are you learning Afrikans?

Posts: 195 | Location: Bremerton, WA | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Msichana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDHall:
We'll see you at the show.

I've always wanted to learn Afrikans but haven't found a way to go about it. I have been working on Swahili using Roseta Stone, how are you learning Afrikans?

Believe it or not, I put an ad in the local University paper. I have a South African tutor who i see 2-3 times a week. She isn't a teacher, but she's a boer. First, we started with just learning vocabulary and then we took that vocab and started making sentences out of it. Now, she makes me translate from eng-afr or afr-eng every meeting. She also makes me read in Afrikaans and translate back into english. I find it real effective in learning.

It's different then when you learn languages in school. They focus so much on structure, gender, tenses, etc. etc. I am learning that as I go along. I've had one outfitter in Namibia tell me my Afrikaans is almost better than his English.

I'm hoping to really use what i know come January. I'm also hoping to be pretty fluent when i go to SA again in April.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shannon -

Wife & I will be there so we will make it a point to stop by your location.

Posts: 71 | Location: St. Michaels, Maryland | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Msichana
posted Hide Post
MCM & Dave,

Look forward to meeting you! thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shannon,

That sounds like a great way to learn the language. I wish I had the time.

My family and I spent three weeks with Johan and Mabel (KHS) last summer, enough time to pick up on some of the language but not enough for me to retain any.

See you in Reno,

Shaun

Posts: 195 | Location: Bremerton, WA | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Msichana
posted Hide Post
See you there Shaun!

If you want, I can teach you a few basic lines that you should know! Smiler

You can impress Johan and Mabel the next time you see them.