New
Find
Notify
Tools

BOOKED
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well I guess it is finally done, Oct 1 Natal for Suni, Common Duiker(to be added to Leopard mount) and Red Duiker, then on to the Zambize/Lake Kariba area for Tuckless cow, Sharpes Grysbok, Chobe Bushbuck and Hippo/ Croc if available. It is a plate full and a wallet emptying venture. dancing thumb

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful trip (and an expensive one Wink ) Have a great time!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congradulations, tuskless cow is something I really want to do sometime soon.

Posts: 195 | Location: Bremerton, WA | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Mad I'm jealous! But very happy for you, too. clap Have a great time.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ed: Let me know the details of who I can contact about this hunt; I've done a little shopping around for either a tuskless cow or a PAC elephant, & am wanting to start some planning for a hunt like yours in 2010. FRANK

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1584 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ed, sounds like you have a full plate, who are you hunting with for the Tuskless? I'll be in Zim in 6 weeks for Tuskless, I'll be with Buzz Charlton.

Dirk

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! How I wished I could have pulled the trigger on a hunt for this year. Frowner Instead, I'll have to read your reports and dream of Aug.1-14th, 2009. Best of luck on them all.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am doing the whole hunt with my old friend Mark DeWet. Mark is in Dallas and Reno every year. Mark has worked for Hunters & Guides in the past and may do some hunting for them now, but he is basically and independent operator. I don't have the details of what properties we will be hunting but will post same when I have the info. Mark was the first PH I hunted with starting in 2000 and this will be my 5th hunt with him. I know Mark well enough to have had some knock down and drag out goes with him. He has stayed in my home here when visiting our area. I have found developing this kind of relationship to be very rewarding. Frank when I have all the details I will send you a PM.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is a plate full and a wallet emptying venture.

Isn't that the best kind of venture? Best of luck to you. Sounds like a dream trip.
Brian
beer

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark has said the property in Natal is called Singa near Hluhluwe (will be my 3rd hunt in the area) and in Zim we will be hunting out of a camp at the mouth of the Senga river on Lake Karibe opposite the Omay. I am looking forward to this hunt but damn 5 mo. is a looong time. Just have to keep busy hunting Turkeys and Groundhogs and of course checking out the weapons. Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Four of the miniatures AND a tuskless sounds like a great hunt.

Frank, if you're considering tuskless and haven't looked into Buzz Charlton and his company then you need to. They specialize in that and probably take more than any other company, year after year. They also get you in very close, which is an integral part of the experience for me.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote