Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:
One of three Democrats in Tennessee and he shows up here..... hilbily

So you like the Bush/Cheney economy?? You like that we have gone from having a budget surplus and a realistic chance to pay down the National debt to nationalizing the banking sector and incurring debt your Grandchildren will be paying interst on??

You are proud of belonging to a Party that would rather transfer money to oil companies and China by the boatload than risk having Democrats do something with it that helps somebody?? A Party who doesn't think any land is worth setting aside for wildlife or wilderness or scenic value if any Republican can possibly make a nickle off of destroying it?? A Party who thinks that tearing entire mountains in West Virginia down to get the coal underneath and dumping the rubble into rivers and creeks makes perfect sense??

Of course, that's all probably Obama's fault, despite the fact that he's not President yet.

You have no idea what you're talking about and making a fool of yourself...

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
One of three Democrats in Tennessee and he shows up here..... hilbily

So you like the Bush/Cheney economy?? You like that we have gone from having a budget surplus and a realistic chance to pay down the National debt to nationalizing the banking sector and incurring debt your Grandchildren will be paying interst on??

You are proud of belonging to a Party that would rather transfer money to oil companies and China by the boatload than risk having Democrats do something with it that helps somebody?? A Party who doesn't think any land is worth setting aside for wildlife or wilderness or scenic value if any Republican can possibly make a nickle off of destroying it?? A Party who thinks that tearing entire mountains in West Virginia down to get the coal underneath and dumping the rubble into rivers and creeks makes perfect sense??

Of course, that's all probably Obama's fault, despite the fact that he's not President yet.

You have no idea what you're talking about and making a fool of yourself...

Yeah, I guess you're right. After eight years of Republican control of the White House, six of which featured Republican control of Congress, the economy is just humming along, not shedding jobs in record numbers, we're not throwing hundreds of billions at a financial sector that was laying bets on whether people they never met would pay their mortgages (ever hear of Credit Default Swaps??), we're not in debt to the Chinese for trillions of dollars, people's houses haven't lost half their value, their 401Ks aren't worth a fraction of what they were two years ago, the biggest corporations in the country aren't lining up for handouts like folks at a soup kitchen; I just made all that shit up to try to make Bush/Cheney look bad.

What would be the part where I don't know what I'm talking about?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10565 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Everything you just stated above except for the part about who controlled congress and the White House for a while...you've been watching too much TV Bubba...you should go back to school... Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Everything you just stated above except for the part about who controlled congress and the White House for a while...you've been watching too much TV Bubba...you should go back to school... Big Grin

Yet somehow I'm so wrong that this thread exists, and I didn't start it.

So, Bubba, exactly what is it I'm wrong about?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10565 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Economy got me too. I got laid off because my company was sold, and that was Oct 8. Still yet to see a dime of my unemployment money the state said was on the way. Looking very grim VERY fast if some funds don't show up. But, I was about a week away from putting a deposit down and booking my first plains game hunt in Namibia Frowner Oh well, I guess I'll just put it off for a while, maybe try to save some more money and convert to a PG/DG combo hunt in a few years. Some good deals in Burkina Faso for a combo hunt.

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread on what is a non-political forum. However, if you really want to understand what has happened to our savings, check out this link to an amazing essay written in 1966 by of all people, Alan Greenspan. http://www.usagold.com/gildedopinion/greenspan.html

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote