THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: WOW great picture...Lion stalking giraffe

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: WOW great picture...Lion stalking giraffe
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
DAMNIT!! Bakes post a warning,droped my morning coffee

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AHHH...

The ole stilt & stalk technique..

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8029 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great picture!!!

Posts: 176 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 17 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of whtailtaker
posted Hide Post
I believe the lion =IMHOTEP

Posts: 127 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina and Regions West | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Everyone knows giraffe only look down for danger (ie similar to deer not being supposed to look up) therefore the lion now becomes invisible.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Poor Walter he cops a fair bit! But hey, how bout you make some for him! That will make the next safari DVD interesting. I can see him now, on stilts taking a shot with your 375/404. I think that would drive him into the ground at a good pace It would be something like on the Wily-coyote cartoons

Posts: 8029 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

Any idea where one can get these "legs" from?

That is what we needed this year in Tanzania, with a herd of about 80 buffalo running backwards and forwards in an area about twice the size of a football field.

They absolutely refused to leave it, and I am quite surprised we did not get run over. I KNOW at some stage they could not have been more than 5 yards from us, as we could see the grass moving.

Nelson had his legs clamped together, and when we asked him why, he said "I don't want a buffalo to pass between my legs."!

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

You must be joking mate!

I will never trust anything Walter makes!

Let alone something I need to go after dangerous game!

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone who's ever raised cattle can percieve the very heavy bone in a giraffe's shoulders and lower neck when they look at one.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I sure Walter could knock you up a set...how is he with a saw and hammer?

Now 5 yards is just to close My heart does back flips when I go into long grass after pigs!!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
First you have to find a PH that will hunt buffalo with Walter!

This year, Pierre went into fits each time I mentioned Walter wanted to shoot something.

After a few days, as soon as I mentioned Walter, he stuck his fingers in his ears.

You will see what I mean when you watch the video.