New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambezi hunters and Hammond?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Allistaire and I have been trying to have a chat on the phone but we have not been able to make it happen quite yet but I had a few questions. I hear Buz is now hunting Hammond area next year and wanted to know if Zambezi hunters picked up any more land to hunt yet or not? From what I hear Hammond is a great area and I just wanted to know if anything will change with Zambezi hunters or not this next year. Anyone have much for info?

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Nube

The telephone lines are a nightmare in Zim! I cannot answer for Al regarding extra areas but I can tell you that ZH will be operating as usual in Sango and Arda and to their normal high standards!

Just to reiterate our taking over the hunting rights on Hammond was done after discussions with Jonney and Al and with their blessing- we are very much looking forward to being neibours with them and having an involvement in the Save

Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Nube, like Buzz, can't speak for ZH, but I can't see how it will affect their operations at all. Hammond is a great property to hunt, but Zambezi hunters has a relatively large quota as it is, with Sango, Arda, Mahenye...More than enough.

Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to know guys. I have a lot of confidence in their operations and didn't expect anything different. I just wonder how the change in the amount of property they can hunt will affect them?
Less quota is not fun for them I imagine. I would think there will be opertunity to maybe get onto other properties but only time will tell.
I am glad to hear there is a good company running on Hammond as well. Good luck Buz

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Nube

Thanks for the nice comment. We are looking forward to starting there early next season. All the best Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nube:
I just wonder how the change in the amount of property they can hunt will affect them?
Less quota is not fun for them I imagine.

Nube, as I said I can't see how it will really affect ZH operations. Hammond represented a relatively small % of the ZH area/quota. I could see how losing buffalo quota would concern them, but at the end of the day I doubt they will be losing much, considering how the buffalo populations in the Save are booming. If their buffalo quota on Sango has not been increased in recent times, it should be.

Cheers, David

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote