Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting Booking Agent
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Grevy's zebra can be hunted (Endangered Status under CITES)and I don't think they are in Mozambique (traditional range was no further south than Kenya).

MOZ Safari

Also from the same website, PAC elephant in RSA. Never heard of this, anyone know anything about this?

RSA PAC

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Did you see that they we "guaranteeing" 60 - 100 ivory!! Think I will steer clear of these "deals"!!

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
T.Carr
Leopard in vast numbers and "80 to 100 LBS Elephant guaranted". Sounds to good to be true.
I don't believe the U.S. allows Elephant trophies from Mozambique. I don't know personally but I don't believe there are any Grevy's in Moz. CHEERS

Posts: 124 | Location: CA | Registered: 19 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leopard occur in vast numbers.

Better take an AK with extra 40 round magazines.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Terry,

My National Audubon Society Field Guide says Grevy's is limited to Northern Kenya, South and East Ethiopia and Southern Somalia. All far to the north of Mozambique!

I am betting they have named the wrong subspecies of plains zebra (Burchell's). The book lists three races. I believe they have mistaken the Selous' Zebra (E. b. selousi) occurs in Eastern Zambia, Malawi, S.E. Zims and Mozambique for Grevy's. This subspecies has numerous narrow black stripes on a white ground.

The Grevy's is considered a striped ass.

There is no photo in this book of the Selous' variety but the Boehm's race of the Plains Zebra has no shadow stripes. The Chapman's race has shadow stripes.

Like the Mountain and Hartmann's Zebra, the true Grevy's has no belly stripes, all of the Plains Zebra subspecies have continuous belly stripes. We would need to see a photo of what this outfit is claiming to be Grevy's to be sure but it seems very unlikely they have true Grevy's Zebra.

~Ann

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote