Notify
Tools

Wild animals kill 37 in Moz
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Wild animals kill 37 in Moz
04/05/2007 10:15 - (SA)

Maputo - Wild animals killed more than 30 people in Mozambique's central Manica province last year, Vista news reports.

Dinis Lissave, Manica provincial director for Agriculture, told the Maputo newspaper Noticias that attacks by elephants, crocodiles, snakes and hippo had caused 37 deaths, all of them subsistence farmers.

Lissave said there were more such fatalities last year than in previous years.

He attributed this to an increased presence of people living close to game parks

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lots of people are killed by animals in most all the African countries.

We have those who post here from time to time who say "C/mon guys just how many people are killed by wild animals in Africa" or "nobody has been killed or injured while hunting DG"

Fact is , both incidents take place every year in Africa. They didn't name'um dangerous game because they were safe to hunt.

You hunt Africa enough and chances are that you will probably have to deal with a charge at some point. If you have not then you have missed something in your experience, its a rush IMO, but only if you survive it unscathed. Some never get to experience that rush, some are glad to not have experienced it and others crave to experience it.

One thing I am sure of, is when someone comes into camp and has been charged, they are charged up, talking 100 miles and hour, and pumped to the gills, all smiles and happy! everyone of them without exception...Smiler

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42152 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Me, I just stood around with my mouth wide open for about ten minutes ... They called it ' Richard's buffalo look'. Frowner I'm surely glad that we won. It was in question.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote