THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Cancellation Elephant/Buffalo/Hippo/Croc Hunt, big discount! 40%-47%

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancellation Elephant/Buffalo/Hippo/Croc Hunt, big discount! 40%-47%
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
I got a call from Vaughan Fulton in Namibia. He just had one of his last hunts for the year cancel. It was a big one. Elephant, Buffalo, Hippo, and Crocodile.

Here is the situation. The season ends on the last day of November. He would like to resell this hunt. He has lowered the number of days and the day rate to where the discount is between 40% to 47% depending on how many animals you choose to include in the hunt.

He has available: Elephant, Hippo, Crocodile, Buffalo.

The day rate is going to be $850/day

Number of days depends on how many animals you want to hunt.
Elephant - 10-days - $8500 (normally 14 days $16,100) 47% discount
Elephant Croc - 11 days - $9350 (normally 15 days $17,250) 46% discount
Elephant Buffalo - 13 days - $11,050 (normally 16 Days $20,000) 45% discount
Elephant Croc Hippo - 13 days - $11,050(normally 16 Days $20,000) 45% discount
Elephant Croc Hippo Buffalo - 16 days - $13,600 (normally $22,500) 40% discount

We can mix and match any of these animals to suit what you want to hunt.

Trophy Fees:
Elephant $11,500
Buffalo $3000
Hippo $2750
Croc $2000
Lion $10,000

Lion is available. Odds on Lion are low, but there is an outside possibility. A nice Male has been seen by camp recently. Do not book this hunt expecting it to be a Lion hunt. Lion is going to be a target of opportunity only.

Since this is a shorter Elephant hunt, you should shoot the first 40 lb (or better) Elephant that you find. This is not a hunt for someone who wants to spend time looking for a 60lb or better Elephant. While it is possible, there is not enough time be overly picky.

Odds at 40 lbs are very good.

Air Namibia just announced that starting Oct 20, they will making two flights Windhoek to Caprivi and return; Mondays and Thursdays. This opens up a lot of options for transportation. If you travel to or from the Caprivi outside the Monday or Thursday flights, a charter is an option ($2000 each way, $4000 total) Or a road transfer might be a possibility, depending on the dates selected.

Not included:
Commercial flight to Caprivi, Currently $550/person, round trip (Or charter $4000 round trip)
Trophy fees on animals taken or wounded
Dipping and transfer of trophies to Windhoek $300
15% Namibian VAT on day rate
Packing and Shipping

Dates available: Anytime from Nov 2 through the end of November.

Call (214) 692-8769
Or email wendell@huntersquest.com

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Damn, that's a sweet deal. Someone should jump on this one right away!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish I wasn't committed to non-hunting stuff!

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those appear to be REAL nice numbers. But if they were even lower, no good for me this year....I'm still a workin' man. But for someone who can go, jump with both feet!...and good luck!

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, that is basically free compared to other listings.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was on the last hunt last year with Vaughn. I took a 40" buff. The other hunter in camp took a good buff, croc and elephant. The ele was about 40 pounds.

I can give anyone a strong thumbs up for this hunt.

Rhyde

Posts: 61 | Location: OH | Registered: 16 January 2007Reply With Quote