THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    African Travel Update including RSA closure by SafariSean at TheSafariConnection.com

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

African Travel Update including RSA closure by SafariSean at TheSafariConnection.com
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
On February 28th I posted my concerns here and on other platforms voicing my concerns and doubts concerning Covid 19 or SARS CVD-2. I was ridiculed by some here and elsewhere that I was being hysterical and way premature so I'm guessing at this point those naysayers are going to pass on further comment. With the closing of the RSA yesterday to Americans we are seeing what I feared and that is a shutdown for some if not all of the 2020 season across all hunting countries in Africa. I have received UNSUBSTANTIATED reports that this crap is ripping through several of the townships in Joberg which if true is absolutely horrible. Here we are talking about a summer slow down but the southern hemisphere is starting FALL tomorrow and we have all seen how the local population reacts to anything under 70, coveralls and stocking caps but the real problem is people confined in those tiny little sheet metal shacks trying to stay warm. You can expect Zim and Namibia to lock down as well in an effort to protect the extremely vulnerable population for these reasons. Those of you that have air fares to the RSA paid and booked can expect to be refunded but I would say these carriers are ALL in bad shape and SAA and Air Namibia are particularly vulnerable so PLEASE be patient about receiving your refunded travel expenses, the airlines need our help and indulgence to survive. If you are traveling with other carriers EXPECT cancellations it's going to happen. When the CDC finally gets around to a WORLD Level 3 travel restriction ALL of your airfares will be eligible for a full refund but again be patient with them its going to take time even with USA based companies.

Now that I've gone over the basics of the new news I have one additional statement.

Once this thing passes and we don't have a clue of when that may be but if there is any chance of getting some hunting done late in the 2020 season we are going to do our best to facilitate those hunts. For any hunt attempted in 2020 THESAFARICONNECTOIN.com will help with all travel plans for ANY person attempting to get there for NO fees period no matter if you are not my customer or not a member of any of the sportsman's clubs we make this offer to. Further ALL hunting companies we do business with will have what is available for 2020 hunts posted on a special page of my web site ( when it becomes clear that this can be done) and we are WAIVING ALL commissions normally charged to these companies/individuals for 2020 in order to give these great operators the chance to do last minute business at rock bottom prices in an effort to salvage something out of 2020. My friends and recommended PH'S across Africa NEED OUR HELP! The listing will include Mike Blignaut Safaris, Martin Pieters Safaris (USA OFFICE), Chinanga Safaris-Terry Fenn, Jimba Safaris-Wayne Dietrechsen, Hallamore Hunts -Lou and Clive Hallamore, Chap Esterhuizen, Lowveld Hunters-Steven Myer, AfriHunt Safaris-Justus Brits plus others I'm sure I am forgetting. These are our fellow hunters and friends we as a community need to make every effort to help them weather this storm if we are to continue to have hunting as it stands in Africa. If ANY of you want to know what little I know you can call 816-697-3281 or email me at ScottOutdoors@hotmail.com

SAFARISEAN

Posts: 180 | Location: KC MO> | Registered: 31 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You so much for the update Sean!

Yes I do remember you getting some shit from your previous post but you have now been vindicated.

There has been so much misinformation and speculation going on regarding travel and the future of the 2020 season so it's great to hear from someone with FACTS.

For Africa, this could turn out to be a plague of biblical proportions with millions of people dying. No healthcare with millions of people already compromised with HIV, AIDS, etc.

Time will tell and again thank you! for the update...please keep them coming!

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."

Posts: 105 | Location: Looking for the Southern Cross | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sean, Thanks for reporting this. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3402 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As far as the rumor regarding the townships, even if it is true , I doubt we would ever know with the level of healthcare available.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have noticed from talking to friends all over the world, that the developing world is going to have a lot of death.

The death rate in the USA doubled in 3 days.

I would imagine that the death rate in poverty stricken developing nations to be magnified several times over what it is in places that have well fed, healthy people.

Spent a lot of time in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Vietnam, Turkey, Kosovo, and Djibouti where people live a lot leaner and with very little medicine available. Iran is a major industrial power compared to most of the nations and they dug 1200 graves just to get things started.

I can't imagine what it will be like in someplace like Vietnam or Djibouti where death is just an absolute part of life in the countryside.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote