Tools

Aaron Neilson's Mozambique Lion
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasjohn:
Aaron is a Stand Up Guy. Also a TV STAR!

I already have dibs on his shirts

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter54:
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
Mind your own business. I doubt he hunts lions every year to build a reputation.

FALSE! WRONG. He did do just that to establish his reputation for lions...Aaron Neilson made it a point of advertising on his former website that he has shot the most lions and built a reputation hunting lions. Much of his marketing materials emphasized the fact that he has shot the most lions and as such knows where to shoot more.

How about disclosures? Someone on the Boddington thread mentioned FTC regulations- apparently they require that a writer, marketer, promoter of such things as hunts disclose vested interests in companies or where you received discounts to talk or promote about something...Has Aaron disclosed how much he's paid for or has he mentioned the vested interests he has on most of his hunts? I doubt that he's paid the price of the average hunter to hunt the lions that he has, so don't tell me that he contributes to conservation when he's getting discounts and sales leads/marketing on the back-end...

I'd be curous to hear Aaron's response given that he seems to be avoiding this part of the discussion.

Dude, to the extent that you are clueless is beyond comprehension!!! Good lion hunts are like hens teeth to the outfitters who have them. Are you seriously foolish enough to think they "give me one, or give me some BIG discount" just to hunt/shoot one, really??? What a tard!!!!

Well, for this EXACT hunt that I am on now, I am paying roughly $55,000.00 OUT OF MY OWN POCKET. Sponsors don't pay that - as I have none!!! I pay the same for the hunt, as I do any other hunter, minus my normal commission I get for selling ANY HUNT!

Obviously you've never heard the phrase - "assumptions are the mother of all f**ckups"

For those who CARE - another great day amongst a lot of buff, just not the right one or the dagga boys refuse to cooperate in this long grass.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasjohn:
Aaron is a Stand Up Guy. Also a TV STAR!

Man, no tv start am I!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:

I already have dibs on his shirts

clap

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:
quote:
Mind your own business. I doubt he hunts lions every year to build a reputation.

FALSE! WRONG. He did do just that to establish his reputation for lions...Aaron Neilson made it a point of advertising on his former website that he has shot the most lions and built a reputation hunting lions. Much of his marketing materials emphasized the fact that he has shot the most lions and as such knows where to shoot more.

How about disclosures? Someone on the Boddington thread mentioned FTC regulations- apparently they require that a writer, marketer, promoter of such things as hunts disclose vested interests in companies or where you received discounts to talk or promote about something...Has Aaron disclosed how much he's paid for or has he mentioned the vested interests he has on most of his hunts? I doubt that he's paid the price of the average hunter to hunt the lions that he has, so don't tell me that he contributes to conservation when he's getting discounts and sales leads/marketing on the back-end...

I'd be curous to hear Aaron's response given that he seems to be avoiding this part of the discussion.

Dude, to the extent that you are clueless is beyond comprehension!!! Good lion hunts are like hens teeth to the outfitters who have them. Are you seriously foolish enough to think they "give me one, or give me some BIG discount" just to hunt/shoot one, really??? What a tard!!!!

Well, for this EXACT hunt that I am on now, I am paying roughly $55,000.00 OUT OF MY OWN POCKET. Sponsors don't pay that - as I have none!!! I pay the same for the hunt, as I do any other hunter, minus my normal commission I get for selling ANY HUNT!

Obviously you've never heard the phrase - "assumptions are the mother of all f**ckups"

For those who CARE - another great day amongst a lot of buff, just not the right one or the dagga boys refuse to cooperate in this long grass.

Aaron has taken a number of Lions in Zambia and has paid the full price. Occasionally he will chuck me a free DVD of the hunt.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you Aaron. That's a beautiful cat. It's apparent that you love hunting lions. I'm starting to get that way about Dagga Boys. WE are truly blessed when we are able to follow our passion.

Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Aaron has taken a number of Lions in Zambia and has paid the full price. Occasionally he will chuck me a free DVD of the hunt.

Andrew, that can't be so? Surely you and Richard were giving me free lion hunts? Hell, just ask goofball54, he can tell you all he knows about my biz.

By the way goofball54, I stand corrected. I checked my contract 5 min ago, for the hunt I am on now. 18 day lion/buff safari at $53,500.00 to include trophy fees. Of which, I've taken both already. 2nd buff for $5k trophy fee, plus I'll have several thousand in tips too! If you can add, that's over $60k. Anymore questions?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Another fantastic lion Aaron. Really sucks the way people treat tv personalities and think they pay for nothing. You shouldn't have to explain yourself to these type of people and anyone who has hunted with Aaron should know what a stand up guy and you and your team do all their hunts the proper way. Keep up the great work my friend.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron
Great lion, I am leaving tomorrow morning and I hope I get a brute like that. You know I will give it 100 %. If I have coverage I will give you updates

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gerryb:
Aaron
Great lion, I am leaving tomorrow morning and I hope I get a brute like that. You know I will give it 100 %. If I have coverage I will give you updates

Gerry..where are you headed?

Posts: 1918 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Aaron..We CARE..keep the reports coming..any big ivory spotted yet?

Posts: 1918 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Headed to chiriza for lion. Anyone flying from Atlanta to joberg Monday evening?
I would take elephant to if I see a bull. They are not huge Tucker's
There but decent. Lion should be good

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Headed to chiriza for lion. Anyone flying from Atlanta to joberg Monday evening?

I think Chirisa just reopened to lion if I am not mistaken after a few years of closure..

One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
I saw lots of tracks in Chirisa but no cat...on the other hand, I wasn't hunting lion. Damn Aaron, 13 lions x $60k...a chunk. Good on you.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes this is the first in a while. Hopefully I can can find a good one

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aaron

Gerry - I wish you the greatest of luck, please update if possible. Thank you for your continued support!

Safari2 - My friend I saw an elephant bull yesterday that was at least 70lbs!!!!! BUT - he was out of bounds, so nothing we could do but watch. Mad

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a beautiful lion!

Torbjorn

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good luck with the hunt!
Looking forward to a report with lots of pics Smiler

Torbjorn

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron - All the best and keep up the "good work" here. You know what I mean.

Sounds like you have having quite a time, enjoy and stay safe.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by ledvm:

Awesome lion Aaron! tu2

I look fwd to the story of the hunt and more picts and footage.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of moved2ski
posted Hide Post
Well done. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Posts: 51 | Location: Las Vegas via Nebraska | Registered: 19 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We finally took a 2nd buff this morning, a big 42" bull with great bosses. Footage was excellent!

Safari2 - We saw 7 elephant bulls last evening, but nothing big. Definitely more elephants moving in every day. We will likely leave in 2 days, but plan tomorrow to go up into the hills and look to see if we can't find a BIG ONE!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We finally took a 2nd buff this morning, a big 42" bull with great bosses. Footage was excellent!

Safari2 - We saw 7 elephant bulls last evening, but nothing big. Definitely more elephants moving in every day. We will likely leave in 2 days, but plan tomorrow to go up into the hills and look to see if we can't find a BIG ONE!

Great buffalo..saw it on McDonalds Facebook page. I understand it was on your B Day no less..congrats.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aaron;

I saw you Buff on Facebook and it fantastic! Well done!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Safari and D, yes the buffalo yesterday was great.

No elephant today, leaving tomorrow. But its been a great hunt!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com