New
Find
Notify
Tools

Export meeting September 2016?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone confirm whether there is a meeting to discuss the chances of any change to importing Lion into the USA?
I have been waiting months for money owed to me from an outfitter (he used to advertise on here) whom can't pay until he receives a deposit from his next client but the said client won't pay apparently until it has been confirmed that during 2017 it is possible to have big cats shipped without trouble.

To be quite frank I know that I'm as likely to get paid what we agreed as much as we all turn vegetarian on here, but one last email to him is worth a go.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hunt Inter,

I received a newsletter from a booking agent yesterday and this was one of the items discussed. This was the first I heard about a USFWS meeting concerning lions. Hope this is of some help.

As many of you know, the shooting quota for cats has been drastically reduced, with the result that trophy quality has never been better! We expect the USFWS rules on importing lions to be published any day now, clarifying the matter for U.S. hunters.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9479 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
You should name the outfitter. I understand that you may be reluctant to do that while still in negotiations for the money you are owed. If the outfitter doesn't repay you please, when the time is right, identify him so others won't be conned as well.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
You should name the outfitter. I understand that you may be reluctant to do that while still in negotiations for the money you are owed. If the outfitter doesn't repay you please, when the time is right, identify him so others won't be conned as well.

I will, but I have too see what response I get when I email him wth the results of the decision about import/export. I just don't like people who try and con someone out of their money because they don't want to pay it.

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Inter:
I have been waiting months for money owed to me from an outfitter (he used to advertise on here) whom can't pay until he receives a deposit from his next client...

Ahh, the old hand-to-mouth feel sorry for me BS. I have no respect for any man that calls himself a businessman and pulls this kind of crap. He needs to be working for someone else for a simple pay check.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I chose to leave my deposit up and will merely hunt something else with the Duckworths.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Theo Blignaut.. probably don't need to say anymore

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.huntingreport.com/c...nt_issue.cfm?id=1958

No Big News Yet from USFWS on Lion and Elephant Permits
(posted October - 2016)

Justin Jones, Assistant Editor

A number of subscribers have contacted The Hunting Report recently to ask for updates on import permits for elephant and lion now required by the US Fish & Wildlife Service (FWS) under the Endangered Species Act (ESA). Multiple hunters have submitted applications for permits for both species, but FWS has neither issued nor denied any permit application as of this writing.

We recently spoke with FWS spokesperson Vanessa Kauffman, who told us that FWS is not yet releasing any new information. Readers will recall that back in April Tim Van Norman, Chief of the Branch of Permits at FWS, told The Hunting Report that "interested parties" would be made aware of which countries have lion management programs that provide sufficient enhancement for permits to be issued under the current 4(d) rule (see Article 3774 from our May issue). For the moment, Kauffman could only tell us that FWS expects to make decisions on various range countries and to make those decisions known. She could not comment on a timeframe. Kauffman cautioned that when USFWS makes decisions about range states, it will not mean that all permits from any given range state will be approved.

Kauffman urged hunters who have questions about an existing import permit application or who wish to apply for a permit to contact the International Affairs Program at 703-358-2014....

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9479 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Inter:
quote:

Theo Blignaut.. probably don't need to say anymore

Nope.

Good luck!

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote