THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Help me quick! TRACKS FREIGHT for Trophy shipment

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me quick! TRACKS FREIGHT for Trophy shipment
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know anything about TRACKS FREIGHT for shipment of trophies from SA. through Atlanta. My trophies are ready for shipment. Tracks Freight contacted me about shipping my trophies to St Louis via Atlanta. I have a Zebra skin, a Bushbuck, a Blue Wildebeast with the hide and a Warthog. Crate weight is 84KG and quoted cost is $1149. plus insurance. My Taxidermist indicates he has had trouble with this company delivering trophies. All transaction have been by E-mail until today when my wife received a call from the company. I plan to E-mail them again tonight and tell them to expect a call from me tomorrow. Can I expect to receive my trophies? Will there be any problems in Atlanta releasing my trophies for shipment to St Louis? Last trip to the same Safari company my Taxidermist had all of our trophies shipped to Fauna & Flora in New York. Does anyone know if this includes the Custom House Entry Service Fee of $200.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I don't know how their prices compare with other companies but they've been in the business for many years and to the best of my knowledge they have always been pretty reliable...... I see no reason why there should be any problems......

Can't help you with any comment on the Atlanta side I'm afraid.

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
That $1,100.00 dollars is only shipping. You can expect at least 3 or 4 hundred dollars more before your done.

I think the shipping is high for that few trophies, are they mounted already or just skins and horns?

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Tracks freight gave me a quote last year for shipping...I switched to Safari Cargo and saved about 20%...and service is door to door. Safari Cargo gave a total quote. Tracks quote is for shipping only and not to your door. Expect to pay another $800 for shipping from Atlanta to St Louis and Customs/broker fees. Bottom line...make sure you know what you are paying for. You may also consider Ocean Cargo..it will save you even more.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
My trophies came via Track Freight from R.S.A. last August.No problems,well built crate took two hours to unload as it was a bit of a puzzle.Just remember it always seems to be a long drawn out deal to get them from the time they get final payment untill they are in your house.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I have worked with Safari Air Cargo (SAC) from South Africa on a door-to-door delivery basis. They even take care of all customs declarations and payment of duties with the freight forwarder of their choice in the country of destination. I pay only once, for everything, and it is on my estimate before I say "go". I hate to find out later that there is this additional freight clearance charge, and that customs duty charge and another Value Added Tax charge, and wild animal products this and that,ad nauseum.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ask your taxidermist for specific details as to the trouble he's had with them. If they were documentation-related, you might have headaches with USFWS and/or USDA.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting Trophy Queen
posted Hide Post
St. Louis is not an open port for Fish and Wildlife clearance. I would suggest that the routing remain the same with Tracks but that they hold for clearance of Customs USDA and FWS in Atlanta and ship to you domestically in St. Louis. Our Atlanta office can arrange the clearances for you. Check us out at huntingtrophy.com

Carolyn Rutkowski
Consultant, Hunting Trophy Division
Coppersmith Inc.
TheRutkowskis@aol.com

Posts: 53 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: 02 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
If that includes clearing through Atlanta and futher shipment to St. Louis, that is not a bad price. The weight seems high as I just received a similar shipment and the weight was only 56 kg. and my aircargo cost were only $714 from Windhoek to Atl. My total cost, including clearing by Coppersmith was about what your quote is.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunting Trophy Queen:
St. Louis is not an open port for Fish and Wildlife clearance. I would suggest that the routing remain the same with Tracks but that they hold for clearance of Customs USDA and FWS in Atlanta and ship to you domestically in St. Louis. Our Atlanta office can arrange the clearances for you. Check us out at huntingtrophy.com

Thanks for the information and offer to help. Tracks said the shipment would clear in Atlanta then be sent on to Saint Louis where I could pick it up. If I start getting calls from Atlanta I will be in contact.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jorge400:
If that includes clearing through Atlanta and futher shipment to St. Louis, that is not a bad price. The weight seems high as I just received a similar shipment and the weight was only 56 kg. and my aircargo cost were only $714 from Windhoek to Atl. My total cost, including clearing by Coppersmith was about what your quote is.

Thanks for the post. I was expecting to receive a large Blue Wildebeast with all the hide, a Bushbuck with all the hide, Zebra with all the hide and a Warthog with very large hide. The shipment is suppose to clear Atlant then on to St. Louis for my pick up. I called Tracks Freight and ask about any other fees and they say I would be paying a customs fee. My Taxidermist said that is $200. I ask Track Freight what animals were being shipped to me. She said all of the above plus another Zebra and a Waterbuck.This would explain the extra weight. I had a bit of bad shooting and wounded those two and we looked for days for them especially the Waterbuck. We even hunted into the night for the Waterbuck but never got another shot at him. The land owner said he spotted him while on his 4-wheeler but did not have his rifle with him. I actually thought I missed him from 80 yards as we found no blood and I was using a 375 caliber weapon with a 270 grain A-Frame. They said they would sent them to me if they found them. I guess they found them. I know this company as I have hunted with them before and they are a straight up company. By the way, where did you hunt and how was it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually meant a Warthog with very large tusk (about the size of bananas) not hide.

one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by army aviator:
...By the way, where did you hunt and how was it?

I hunted with Vaughan Fulton's Classic Safaris and I don't think it could have gone better. Here is the link to my hunt report https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tp.../822107082#822107082

That's great they found your other two animals and included them in your shipment.BTW, if it helps, here is a breakdown of my charges from Coppersmith:

Bond to Customs-Prem. SVC - $65
Cargo Import SVC Charge - $35
Customs Entry Services - $100
Fish/Wildlife Entry SVC - $100
Airport Transfer - $30
Messenger Services - $25
Warehouse Handling IN - $65

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jorge400:
quote:
Originally posted by army aviator:
...By the way, where did you hunt and how was it?

I hunted with Vaughan Fulton's Classic Safaris and I don't think it could have gone better. Here is the link to my hunt report https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tp.../822107082#822107082

That's great they found your other two animals and included them in your shipment.BTW, if it helps, here is a breakdown of my charges from Coppersmith:

Bond to Customs-Prem. SVC - $65
Cargo Import SVC Charge - $35
Customs Entry Services - $100
Fish/Wildlife Entry SVC - $100
Airport Transfer - $30
Messenger Services - $25
Warehouse Handling IN - $65

Here is the breakdown of my fees for the shipment of my 6 trophies from RSA to Saint Louis thru Atlanta. Included are 2 Zebra skins, full Blue Wildebeast skin, Waterbuck, Warthog and Full Bushbuck:
Air Freight; VCF/IRC/MYAF $607.
Export Documents 52.
Veterinary Health Certificate 26.
Transport Fees 78.
Agency Fees 157.
Crating Fees 147.
Handling Fees 82.
Insurance 109.

Total $1258.
Import duties & Custom Clearance ???