New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have no opinion ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
... on Cecil (or pretty-much anything else ... and man-oh-man does that free me up to do a lot of other more productive things).

I do, however, value the work of those who are in a position to influence policy-makers and the public in general (which I am not).

So I track what they say, then post the links wherever I can.

This is what I have so far ... (all have already been posted here somewhere ... additions requested):

Time Magazine: http://time.com/3976344/cecil-...babwe-walter-palmer/

Brookings Institute: http://www.brookings.edu/blogs...20089101US0001-07301

IUCN: https://www.oximity.com/articl...he-Lion.-What-Will-1

CIC: http://www.cic-wildlife.org/20...aching-31-july-2015/

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sir

Here on AR There was a link to a film of a Dane at a conference of some kind. He was anti hunting and had been working for the ban of lion hunting in Botswana. Now he was trying to OPEN lion hunting in Botswana because he claimed that after the ban the number of lions killed had increased by 70%.
I am sure that somebody will remember the film and put up a link to it. With all the antis screaming for the end of trophy hunting this is the type of info that we need to get out there.

All the best from Norway

Posts: 5 | Location: Norway | Registered: 27 January 2015Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I found it, but as a computer illiterate I do not know if the link will work. How accurate the man is I don't know, but if he is for real.
ilhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiyQvm9d4tM#t=843

All the best from Norway

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B. Hermansen:
Sir

Here on AR There was a link to a film of a Dane at a conference of some kind. He was anti hunting and had been working for the ban of lion hunting in Botswana. Now he was trying to OPEN lion hunting in Botswana because he claimed that after the ban the number of lions killed had increased by 70%.
I am sure that somebody will remember the film and put up a link to it. With all the antis screaming for the end of trophy hunting this is the type of info that we need to get out there.

All the best from Norway

:: :: ::

Excellent! Thanks, Bud!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
video is awesome. Some good links to good info too. Thanks for posting. Share with all you know. Sam

Posts: 285 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveGl:
quote:
Sir

All the best from Norway

:: :: ::

Excellent! Thanks, Bud!

Question: This guy says "The last lion officially sold for hunting went for the price of US$750,000". He implies that this was in the Ghanzi.

I doubt it. Anyone know anything about this?

Just curious.

posted Hide Post
Steve
You are wondering, just as I am, about the numbers he is quoting. This is why I wrote "if he's for real"
Even if he misspoke and should have said Danish kroner it would be 90 000 - 100 000 dollar.
I do hope that he is for real because it would confirm our claims (as hunters) about animals value and the positiv side of trophy hunting.

All the best from Norway

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve
You are wondering, just as I am, about the numbers he is quoting. This is why I wrote "if he's for real"
Even if he misspoke and should have said Danish kroner it would be 90 000 - 100 000 dollar.
I do hope that he is for real because it would confirm our claims (as hunters) about animals value and the positiv side of trophy hunting.

All the best from Norway

I think he's for real, and I think he gives a pretty good account of what happened in the Ghanzi ... and I think it's a great example of what might happen if an open-minded "anti-hunter" actually studies the issue.

I just think he got his numbers a bit wrong (even if he meant to say kroner).