Find
Notify
Tools

giraffe mount(s)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted
what have others done after taking a giraffe on a Africa safari? Furniture coverings, head/neck/shoulder mount, really really big rug! What ahve you all done

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post

This is what I would like to do with mine, hope the taxidermist can do that. What I like most with it is that the head is low and easy to look at compared to others were the head is up.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
christer,
how is that mount suspended? Is that tree around the neck supporting it. quite a neat idea for a wall donkey mount!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Roscoe

Yes the tree is supporting, there were a lot of these "free" flying mounts i Reno, I have some of them on my website www.cchunter.se

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alan Boyer, the propriator of A.F.Boyer Hardware in Slatington PA has a full body mount of a Giraffe in the hardware store.

you can literally walk into the store and not notice it as the body is actually above eye level for most people.
It's a VERY impressive feat of taxidermy, it is probably as expensive as it is impressive.

You can Go to Cabela's and see the Elephants, Cape Buffalo, Rhino, Lion, Polar Bear, Moose etc, but if you wanna see a full bodied giraffe you gotta go to Boyer's.

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
ROSCOE

That mount is super! I was going to do my Stink Bull in a pedestal mount with the chest on a nice base, until I saw this! The only thing I don't care for is the way the back is finished. I'm doing mine with leather in a dark orange or med brown, not sure yet. But what a cool mount!! Cool

I was talking with alan, he told me about his giraffe, I need to get up there and see it!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ron if you want to see it his shop is only 10 minutes from my front door

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
cats,

When I make my trip up there I'll give you a yell

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote