Notify
Tools

OLD MANS Special - SA Safari !!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
Guests

I dont know if there might be (an interest) from any OLD WORN OUT HUNTERS ( in need of retreading) whom have basically done their dash with BIG TIME expensive HUNTING in Africa and would like a more low key relaxed SAFARI VACATION, and at a good price offer with us at the ranches in South Africa.

We have very comfortable facilities for OLD TIMERS including swimming Pool, SPA , local power, clean borehole water, no mosquitoes on either ranch etc ..... NO roughing it. Lots of FOOD .... Drinks .... and tall stories to tell.

Possibly some persons like the esteemed RAY ATKINSON / JUDGEG would be the ideal team leaders and quasi organiser come ringmaster !!!

Basically I would envisage say a [ 10-12 day ] safari package option (inclusive of arrive depart day) with some couple of days (basic hunting) included, game and some birds, game viewing, visiting sites of interest, there is quite a lot around our area, ie Elephant training facility visit, Elephant Rides, biggest baobab tree, skumansdal museum, venda cultural village, and many more ... even Kruger Park add on trips, hot air ballooning, pilgrims rest where the old gold miners used to haunt in days gone by etc etc

If any interest we could possibly do you a SPECIAL daily rate of [$175 per person] MIN 4 clients, they can also hunt some plainsgame at standard specie fee as per price list ..... BUT essentially we proberbly want this to be more of a non hunting than hunting adventure with more of the tall tales around the campfire (-: beer.. BUT YES we can do some hunting to calm the nerves a bit sofa

SPECIAL CONDITIONS:

Clients MUST be AGE 60+ sleep to get the SPECIAL RATE ...

Minimum of 4 guests to make it a goer, proberbly maximum of 6 !!

Trips to Kruger Park are excluded from the special rates, BUT we can consider if any interest, and charge our normal $375/day per person (all inclusive) for side trips to Kruger if that was a request.

All serious comments welcome... Please NObull

EMAIL Peter  Balla-Balla Company Portfolio
Peter J. Bird

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I'm bringing an action against Balla Balla for age discrimination. I'm only 58, my body is all worn out and I drink and lie better than anybody.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
JUDGEG

Being a law abiding SOB most of the time, I will not tell a soul about your age problem ....

Lets just say we will be [marginally lienient] and give you a two year margin of error benifit of doubt in your favour ( Birth Certificate proof required ) in special cases your hounour ...

You twisted my ARM .... we will allow a 58 year old as long as he does not make tooooooooo much noise and keep the rest of the geriatrics up all night with his yodelling ..... we need fool proof recommendation from a third party independant that you will behave

Peter J. Bird

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter...it isn't the age, it's the mileage!

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a kick, but not sure I can make it this year, may be off to Argentina to check out some hunting preserves..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Would we work in historical tours of Majuba Hill, Speinkopf, Blood River, Islanwanda, Rourk's Drift, Lady Smith, etc.

Hammer

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The historical tour part would of course include political commentary form bonafide Boers.

Hammer

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Hammer

I think you been reading tooooooo many books on SA lately shame

Unfortunately I am a bloody ( englishman ) or as we say ROOINEK South African, we dont have any hard nosed proper Boers in our operation in SA ...

Also those ventures you mention are in another regional province, so it is not practicle to include ...

WE are situated in Limpopo or what used to be called NORTHERN PROVINCE up towards the Zimbabwe border ...

Actually our mountain ranch is about 100 km from the Beit Bridge border post

You want to (re-ignate) the old Boer or Kaffir wars going to those places, you know some people in SA are still living in their ancestors past dreams and might start a new revolution thumb ....

Peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am a bit curious. When would this extravaganza take place? I qualify, as my 63rd birthday was last week. Young whippersnappers like Judge G must defer to us superannuated ones.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And one other question. Would wives be allowed, or is this a guy thing only?

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
What really pisses me off is, that when I see "Old man" as the thread title, I looked at it! Eeker sleep

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This has to be men only, how else can you fart and belch etc. while telling the many tall stories.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Ray!. Are you really coming?. Plese drop us a line thumb

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Guests

General Summary:

WE were thinking along the lines of MEN ONLY and also so it does not turn into a CIRCUS I envisage the group comprises MINIMUM 4 / MAXIMUM 6 people .....

Caveat:

If there was an outcry from the WIVES/GIRLFRIENDS/LOVERS then ( possibly ) we could consider them as well BUT maybe they stay apart at our second ranch and do GIRLIE things like shopping with my sister in law and other things that takes their fancy ...

Personally I believe it is MEN ONLY .... MAYBE we can consider a WOMENS ONLY safari as well if there was any interest ...

quote:
posted Feb 3, 1:21 AM
I am a bit curious. When would this extravaganza take place?

Logistics; fly into Johannesburg and short 1 hr connect flight to Pietersburg . WE would meet and greet and drive 45 minutes / or longer to our Banderlierkop Lodge ... It might take longer if we stop along route to have a COLD ONE ( Castle )

Settle into camp that afternoon and just unwind and enjoy the campfire and tales that first night.

DAY-2:

Maybe some guests can do a a bit of low key hunting just to calm the nerves and feed the addiction. With a large group 4/6 people we would proberbly spead the hunting out a bit so not all hunt the same day, I envisage 2/3 max at a time with one PH. Dont worry all would get a chance to hunt during the safari although we want to make it more of an adventure than a HUNT PERSE

DAY-3:

Maybe ALL go and have lunch at the nearby other private location/farm for an outdoor PICNIC/LUNCH and RIDE the ELEPHANTS .. have a swim in the dam with the Elephants as they love a swim ( not a joke ) That will take up most of the day as the rides are a couple of hours long

DAY-4:

Travel 45 minutes north to Louis Trichardt town where my bother Alan & wife Jessie and daughter Carol have a small ( non hunting ) business office, look around town, visit our local taxidermist whom has hunted extensively himself, and then in the afternoon continue some 30 minutes north into the Mountains where we have a beautiful 15,000 acre CONSERVANCY RANCH ... Possibly spend say 3/4 days in these mountains which have interesting flora and just have fun, game walks/rides depending upon fitness, photography, and of COURCE some more hunting if that is your wish. WE have a nice range of species including some mountain animals as well. There are Leopard in these mountains BUT of cource not seen by day unless you have a miracle occur ...

Day-8/9 ish :

Start the general sightseeing (off ranch ventures) driving around the region and maybe even a side trip (one night) into Kruger Park!! I envisadge say this trip to be 2/3 days maximum ...

Return back to Banderlierkop ranch, overnight or two and the next day head back to Pietersburg / Johannesburg and wherever ...

That is just a (general overview) we are reasonably flexable and can change add delete as required, we want it to be a no pressure adventure trip more than a HUNT ...

The time of year is basically not an issue, it is when the group can travel and how long they can expend away from home ( ha ha ) that is an open and leading question

THE MAIN CRITERIA as I said it needs to have someone of impeccable character [RAY/JUDGEG] or other esteemed GUEST whom I dont know, to be the TRIP RINGMASTER whom speaks American preferably and is a laugh a miniute ...

The only way these ( COMBINED TRIPS ) work is for someone within USA to be the (local organiser) prior to departure and to HAND pick the JURY for travel, as basically we need to have a (ship of fools) with a chaperoen and ALL whom enjoy a good time, and not those whom like the idea sign up and then BAIL OUT at the last minute and piss the rest off whom have gone to a lot of trouble to make it work ...

Peter J. Bird

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Rusty don't feel too bad. I'm 43 and I was interested if I could qualify ! LOL
Were a warped bunch of individuals looking for the AARP hunting discount special.
Special note : Gift baskets containing one box of cartridges and one box of depends available upon request ! gunsmile And no the little blue pill is NOT an optional add on ! bewildered

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote