THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Uganda Sitatunga-Congratulations to Jim Shockey

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uganda Sitatunga-Congratulations to Jim Shockey
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.huntingreport.com/w...te.cfm?articleid=452

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9380 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Being in a position of public interest and influence has to help, but from everything I see (and know) about Shockey, he earns his trophies with hard work. More power to him!

I still wonder about the whole idea of "modern" muzzle loaders, but I'd be happy if I got to take the same animals with a push feed Remington! Cool

Thanks for the update, Kathi.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
The first Sesse Island sitatungas taken in over 30 years
Confusedwhy not more? is the population so bad that there are not many left?in so case why hunt them ?

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think there have been a few problems in Uganda over the last 30 years that has put a stop to hunting there Donner.You know typical african stuff,maniacal murdering dictators,rebel zealots,etc ,etc

Posts: 113 | Location: canada | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
Jim Shockey continues to make his mark!

He seems to be a genuinely nice guy who works hard at his hunting and generally presents the best side of our beloved sport to the broader world.

Congratulations to him!

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Donner - Bearhunter762 is right! But now Uganda is a safe, stable place to visit and to hunt! Steve Kobrine is an acquaintance of mine, and he has worked closely with the outfitter in getting Uganda hunting back to the fore-front! My partner Corey Knowlton booked Jim on the hunt, both of them shot excellent Sesse Island Sitatunga, and reported seeing many of them. Corey told me that he saw thousands of game species, and the place was a paradise!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
I have seen "many" reports from European clients and the trophy quality seems to be +++
Not so many species to hunt as i understand but everybody seems to come home with a +30" impalas and Super elands and hard bossed buffalos and that leopard that was taken last year Eeker ...

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that post as I have been looking for some one to hunt there with for Sitatunga.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jim Shockey continues to make his mark!

He seems to be a genuinely nice guy who works hard at his hunting and generally presents the best side of our beloved sport to the broader world.

Congratulations to him!

+ clap

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote