New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life size cape buffalo mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone here brought back a complete cape buffalo hide to the U.S. and done a life-size mount?

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are several full body mounts of Cape buffalo in Cabelas in Rogers Mn.
They look great.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2646 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I know someone who has. Unless your trophy room is the size of a basket ball court, they’re kind of big.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I have seen full body elephant mounts so a buffalo shouldn’t be a problem....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13386 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IT only takes money and space!
When it's done, let's see some pictures of it.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6000 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one client many years ago who came to TZ to collect species for his museum.

Every single animal had to be skinned to full-mount requirements, from the Suni to the Elephant.

The outfitter, who was unaware of his client's expectations, found himself paying out of pocket for extra salt to be flown to camp. Big Grin

Posts: 2029 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guided a hunter that took the full skin of his West African buffalo (and all other species). Nightmare for the skinner. He also has a few cape buffalo at home that are full mounted.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2089 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I am nosey but what is the cost for a full mount for something like this?

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 599 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.animalartistry.com/pricing/

OkieNewton,

Price list from Animal Artistry, $12,500.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9477 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i fell in love with life size mounts long ago but i never found a buff to be that attractive, rather the colorfull plains game are preferable. things like sable,nyala gemsbok etc but regardless you are going to need lots of floorspace. if possible try to plan ahead so you don't end up with a game room like mine that you can't even walk through

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
I had one client many years ago who came to TZ to collect species for his museum.

Every single animal had to be skinned to full-mount requirements, from the Suni to the Elephant.
The outfitter, who was unaware of his client's expectations, found himself paying out of pocket for extra salt to be flown to camp. Big Grin

Was he from Arizona? There is a guy here that owns several amusement parks. He hunts TWO of everything, all skinned full mount. TWO Bongo's two LDE, two Mt. Nyala. etc...absolutely everything. Full mount Hippo's/Elephants, you get it.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did a life size buffalo, he is laying down, right behind my sofa in the trophy room. Looks good and does not take up all that much room.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have always liked this one, which is at the Smithsonian, very much.

I'm not sure of its history, but it's very well done.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13612 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

Was he from Arizona? There is a guy here that owns several amusement parks. He hunts TWO of everything, all skinned full mount. TWO Bongo's two LDE, two Mt. Nyala. etc...absolutely everything. Full mount Hippo's/Elephants, you get it.

No Steve, while I cannot openly disclose the identity of the gentleman concerned, I can only say he was an SCI bigwig (Chapter President) who at the time booked this hunt with a good "friend" of yours.

Posts: 2029 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Kathi

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 599 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

No Steve, while I cannot openly disclose the identity of the gentleman concerned, I can only say he was an SCI bigwig (Chapter President) who at the time booked this hunt with a good "friend" of yours.

"Good Friend" The TZ Government needs to run him outta the game. I did extract my pound of flesh though. Big Grin

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote