THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Jaideep Singh, an Indian hunter raring to have a go at Namibian cheetah

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jaideep Singh, an Indian hunter raring to have a go at Namibian cheetah
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://economictimes.indiatime...cleshow/38638603.cms

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"He can't bring back the corpse of the cheetah"

I hope the US doesn't prevent us from bringing back any lion corpses!! Eeker

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
It drives me nuts to see the adjective "stuffed" used. I'm sure the taxidermists on the forum cringe as well.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
vvreddy is right about the use of the word 'corpse.' This word refers to a human body, not an animal body. Also, DCS Member nailed it about the word 'stuffed.' I cringed when I read that.

There are a couple more things that bothered me about this article. The first one is:

“Singh is yet to travel to Namibia for the cheetah shoot, although he's already got permission for the kill from the authorities there.”

This makes it sound as though he has used some sort of influence to get some sort of special privilege to kill a cheetah. I’ve not been to Africa yet, but from reading posts of those who have been there my understanding is that cheetahs are available to hunt in Namibia. They just can’t be brought into the US. Please correct me if I’ve misunderstood what has been said.

Another thing that troubles me about this is this:

“Singh is at pains to point out that while he has the ‘heart of a hunter,’ he's most definitely an environmentalist as well.”

The author is really exposing either his/her ignorance of the subject or his/her bias against hunting by leaving out the fact that it was hunters who began the whole environmental movement in the first place and are still the only ones who really accomplish anything beneficial for wildlife populations and their management.

Altogether a poorly written, researched, and biased article.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just skimmed the article, but I saw something about "properly stuffed" and cheerleaders. That warrants a closer read.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
It drives me nuts to see the adjective "stuffed" used. I'm sure the taxidermists on the forum cringe as well.

Stuffed was actually a commonly used term in the old days, at least in India, with regard to trophies.

No corpses though!! Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
When John Patterson sold the pelts of the Tsavo lions to Marshall Field, Field had them stuffed to display in Chicago's Field Museum of Natural History, where they remain today.

Unfortunately, while the taxidermy job was excellent, the pelts had been trimmed, so the mounts are not as large as the lions had been while living. Compare the photos in Patterson's book so see how big they were.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote