THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Indian poacher and thug shot dead

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Indian poacher and thug shot dead
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted
The death of this bandit has been reported in Swedish newspapers as well, and it is a sad sign of our time that the number of elephants he killed seemd a more important news than the number of people killed...

There seems to have been a special task force of 500 policemen looking for him since 1990. Now they succeded after a lot of intelligence work.

Regards,
Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Old Sarge,

Who was the American who was on the run for many many years in one of your big wildneress areas?

I think this sort of thing happens in North America more often than we know. If you read Krakauer's book, Into the Wild, he seems to imply that this adventurous spirit has existed in the west in particular for some time. This man in india just found a way to profit from that sort of thing that he likely would have greatly enjoyed anyway.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Quote:

This man in india just found a way to profit from that sort of thing that he likely would have greatly enjoyed anyway.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Including killing about 120 people? Your point, Sir?

Regards,
Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
EASY THERE, MARTIN! Try to contain your scowl please! I was not talking about that aspect of the events....only the part about living in the bush and hunting for subsistence and profit.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
John,
When someone has killed 120 people in the course if this living and hunting in the bush, I find your comment strange. I find it very difficult not to take that aspect into account, at least without making a comment about it.

I do not suggest that you would have put it differently had it been 120 Americans killed, as I have no evidence for such an accusation, but let me say that the thought crossed my mind.

Anyway, had this bandit killed 120 Europeans, I am sure our liberal, high minded Swedish newspapers had reported it differently. I guess this made me a bit sensitive.

Regards,
Martin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The death of this bandit has been reported in Swedish newspapers as well, and it is a sad sign of our time that the number of elephants he killed seemd a more important news than the number of people killed...

Regards,
Martin

Elephants are much more rare in India than people.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote