New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying Courtney's in SA?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'll be in Cape Town & Kimberley in a few weeks. Anybody know of dealers in either city? Thanks, Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your best best is to email Willem at Safari & Outdoor info@safariandoutdoor.co.za (www.safariandoutdoor.co.za)& get him to courier them to you. Cost you R1195. That'll give you time to wear them in. Don't buy them when you get here.

Posts: 33 | Location: Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Why do you not suggest buying in SA? I have heard the Courteney does not need to be broken in and it would be nice to save over half the cost.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trying to be helpful. My look through SA hunting mags didn't turn up a definite for Courtney's (made in Rhodesia) anywhere in Cape Town or Kimberley. Thought you might want to get them quickly. Look, they're just leather boots, so you need to figure for yourself whether you want to hunt in new boots or not. There's no romance in blisters. Stellenbosch (where Safari & Outdoor are located) is not too far from Cape Town. Send Willem a mail - he's a really helpful guy.

Posts: 33 | Location: Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ignobilis:
Trying to be helpful. My look through SA hunting mags didn't turn up a definite for Courtney's (made in Rhodesia) anywhere in Cape Town or Kimberley. Thought you might want to get them quickly. Look, they're just leather boots, so you need to figure for yourself whether you want to hunt in new boots or not. There's no romance in blisters. Stellenbosch (where Safari & Outdoor are located) is not too far from Cape Town. Send Willem a mail - he's a really helpful guy.

Thanks for the clarification. I am headed to Port Elizabeth and Joburg in less than two months and wanted to buy a pair. However, I will take my usual boots as primary boots just in case.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you're going to be in Jo'burg, you may want to try M Gordon footwear. That's where I get my Courtneys from. Best prices in town

They're in the Boulders Mall, Old Pretoria Main Rd., Midrand

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bob
Will stop at Gordon Footwear when you here, best place to buy!.
Katte

Posts: 19 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The three pairs of Courtney's I own took many, many miles and lots of time to break in, as in (2 to 3 months and probably 75 miles at least). If you think you can just buy a pair and walk off into the jess on your hunt, be prepared to be crippled after a few miles. These boots were the hardest boots I have ever owned to "break in", but after that fact are some of my favorites.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I'll be bringing boots that are well broken in. Katte, thanks for arranging the shopping trip! See you in a few weeks. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote