Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info Robin Hurt
 Login/Join

posted
Interested on true info on Robin Hurt as an outfitter, also his PH Oliver Barton and his area Burko in masailand. thanks in advance

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jo,
Welcome to the forum!

What is your safari expectation? What are your priorities and how long are you planning to hunt?

Robin Hurt safaris are a top class outfitter. Their camps, organisation and ph's are very good. I recently met Oliver (see my recent thread on "Buffalo in Arusha" - he was one of the guys with a .470)and he came across as a fine gentleman. He's been in the business long enough.

Re: Burko, let me know your comments on my initial questions above.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've know robin for several years. what you can expect is the best of the best. he will be expensive, but if yu can afford him, they don't come any better.

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As it seems Robin Hurt clients don't spend much time on internet forums, I thought I'd reply with some second hand information. My father-in-law has hunted with him a number of times. On the Burko hunt in '02, they took very nice leopard, sable, roan, and lesser kudu among other things.
Obviously Robin and his operations are the best, but if you haven't hunted with him personally before, don't plan on it, as he now only hunts with his old friends.
Brian

Posts: 103 | Location: Northern California, USA | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btglfer:
.... On the Burko hunt in '02, they took very nice leopard, sable, roan, and lesser kudu among other things.
.Brian

He must have done a two area hunt as there is no roan or sable in Burko. Burko is a Maasailand concession. Maybe he hunted Ugalla area as well as Burko?

Its a question of opinion, but there are various outfitters in Tanzania (and other African countries) that rival, if not surpass, RHS.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote