Find
Notify
Tools

Permit Fees in Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Arrow Slinger
posted
I was recently inquiring about a Leopard Bowhunt in Zim and was informed of a $1,500 bowhunting permit fee. I hunted there several years ago and was not charged any such fee. It used to be that bowhunting was allowed on communal and private property but not in national parks -- does anyone know the ground truth on required permits to bowhunt or bring a compound bow into Zim -- is this something new?

Posts: 106 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arrow Slinger

The quoted $1500 is correct I am afraid. They are the new gazetted prices from Parks. These huge increases include trophy fees on buff and hunting with dogs amongst others. The law remains the same with regards to been able to bow hunt in communal and private land and not State land. Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arrow slinger, you are not the only bowhunter slapped in the face by this rediculous fee hike. What makes a bowhunter different from a rifle hunter that a $1500 penalty must be paid?
I'm really pissed off over it but there seems nothing one can do other than seek alternate destinations.
JCHB

Posts: 423 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Juha S.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCHB:.....What makes a bowhunter different from a rifle hunter that a $1500 penalty must be paid?..
JCHB

I'm wondering the same.Perhaps Zimbabweans can tell us.

Posts: 21 | Location: Finland | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The fee increase is for evaluating the brain disorder common in all bow hunters who hunt dangerous game.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunny:
The fee increase is for evaluating the brain disorder common in all bow hunters who hunt dangerous game.

It has been determined by Dr. Luftus Retardus that bow hunters brains have stopped developing since the late 1600s rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arrow Slinger
posted Hide Post
Yes, the DG bowhunting affliction is a serious disorder characterized by obsession; overt willingness to accept ridiculous levels of challenge and handicap; financial, family, and career irresponsibility; and a reckless disregard for one's own rotator cuffs and personal safety. It starts with a bite on the first trip. Once bitten the disease develops rapidly, taking over the victim's life. To date there is no known cure. The only known treatment is a steady stream of outdoor adventures sufficiently challenging to feed the bug.

break....

Does anyone know all of the new permits and fees established by Zim Parks?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I booked a hunt to bowhunt a leopard over dogs in January. The outfitter called me back up and said the hound permit increased from $500 to $1500 and that the bow permit also increased from $500 to $1500 as well. I had to send my outfitter an additional $2000 for my hunt. In addition lion and buffalo trophy fees increased and i think elephant trophy fees may have in reased but im not totally sure on the elephant trophy fees.

Posts: 54 | Location: NM USA | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arrow slinger. Bow permit $1500 Dog Permit $1500/property registered, then you have to have a parks Ranger with you on the hunt to "observe and record" $100/day .They classify these hunts as experimental (been happening for 20 years) .Bottom line is that they are bankcrupt and are charging what ever they want, irrespective of the consequences and will ultimately kill our business, as we can't compete with our neighbours.

Posts: 28 | Location: Bulawayo Zimbabwe | Registered: 25 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My fee last August was $400 for a bow permit, but I hunted plaines game only in Zim.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2646 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arrow Slinger
posted Hide Post
Wow, that just stinks. It would be easier to swallow if they at least allowed bowhunting on government land -- but not even a token improvement for the increased fee.

Think one of the guys on the other threads on this topic got it right -- these folks have completely lost sight of the fact that it is the middle-class hunter who is the backbone of the safari industry and now I can hear mine beginning to crack.

The rate of increase in hunt fees was already out of hand and now an additional $3-5 K (because I said so). Thankfully, I've already taken just about all of the African species I've ever desired except Leopard. But, when Leopard is the same as a Sheep I really have to step back and ponder.

Picture of Juha S.
posted Hide Post
I feel pretty much the same when I'm eight yards from bull ele only bow in hand... Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

It has been determined by Dr. Luftus Retardus that bow hunters brains have stopped developing since the late 1600s rotflmo

Posts: 21 | Location: Finland | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote