THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    CNN Blog on Why Hunting is an Ethical Way to Eat

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CNN Blog on Why Hunting is an Ethical Way to Eat
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but I thought it was worth seeing.

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/...ay-to-eat/?hpt=hp_c2

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lee,

A refreshingly open minded article from a lady who was previously a non hunter.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13018 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good deal.
It's a shame more people can't see what she saw.
Hunting isn't just good, IT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Great deal. Good to see journalism return

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A great article. Take a non hunter hunting you may win a convert like this Lady.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So how do you get this across to those in California who are about to ban bear and bobcat hunting with dogs - and I guess bear and bobcat hunting without dogs next??

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Thought provoking article by a young lady who one would never guess could or would learn to hunt, much less espouse it's benefits. Almost as eye popping was the poll at the end of the article. The majority of the poll takers hunted, and there were more folks who had not hunted and wanted to try it then absolutely wouldn't hunt no matter the reason.

A great lesson for us all... ask your non-hunting friends and neighbors to join you on a fishing or bird shooting trip and introduce them to what we love and sometime take for granted! It will help continue results like this that show most people don't have an aversion to the sport and would actually like to try it if someone would only guide them through the small formalities to get started on their own!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Short and sweet, very well articulated!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
good article and another reason we should all try our very best to be good ambassadors to our sport ...

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote