Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting photos and terrorism
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No need to flame away,you got your opinion & others do theirs,what we need to realize is that legal hunting comes under the spotlight anytime something like this happens & of course people who disapprove get painted as not standing together as hunters etc,incidents like this one, are a liability to the future of legal hunting,enough incidents like this & the vote will be against legal hunting,then what will you say?

Its finally beginning to sink in - the hard way though. clap

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
YUP, 6PM news ABC International!! Simply disgusting!!
My wife has joined me on many safaris and fully understands how destructive Baboons are...and has watched me blow away dozens...including the first animal I ever shot in Africa...big male Baboon at 300 meters...PH testing me to see if I could shoot....took the gonads right off and the trackers were hysterical as the dragged it back to the hunting car...and we have laughed over that for 40 years!! Now, that isn't on FB or any other public media....I get ribbed once in a while....and my wife pokes much fun from time to time!!
That said, my dear wife and very tolerant of all hunting took major offense at this stupid stunt by a public official...that manages game...desecration of all animals and hunters by this stupid and thoughtless stunt.
It seems to me that a person like this who lacks the decorum must be bent on destroying our sport...seems to me this has to be intentional...and may do more damage than Cecil!!
This act needs to be investigated...and perhaps the big hunting organizations like SCI, DSC and NRA fully vet this act and see if there are any actions that can be taken against the desecration of legal sport hunting.
If we don't and don't police our own...we are committing suicide and our sport is DOOMED!!
This offends me greatly...it should offend and sicken all of us!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Double Rifle
posted Hide Post
People, I said in my original post that these pictures were not in good taste, but the point is not this gentleman. Rather it's celebrities taking aim at hunters and sending thousands of their followers to destroy the hunters' lives. Forget that guy, how about this newest example?

https://twitter.com/rickygerva.../1053199158692208641

The hunters did shoot a bull elephant, then defused the charge without shooting again. Already people are posting their names, addresses, and the mob is even wishing horrible death on the hunters. Screenshots from the video are being retweeted with calls to "track down" the hunter.

Earlier this year a woman posed with a giraffe, and since giraffes are "too cute" they went after her and she received death and rape threats. It's not about tasteless pictures, it's about known figures who go after legal hunters knowing very well that these hunters will have their lives ruined. I rest my case.

Posts: 47 | Location: Florida | Registered: 27 June 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://thehunterstand.blogspot...-gervais_27.html?m=1
Old article about Gervais attacks on hunters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with someone posting hunting pics of dead animals. I don't think I would personally post pics of a "family" of Baboons I killed even if the PH begged me to shoot them because of the havoc they are causing. I live in Florida and pigs are terrible here and landowners want every one killed including the piglets. when I post pics I leave out the little ones, not because I am ashamed of killing them but I know what some stupid idiot will do with them

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
YES, you eat the little piglets... dancing

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Double Rifle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pacecars:
when I post pics I leave out the little ones, not because I am ashamed of killing them but I know what some stupid idiot will do with them

Do you mind linking some of your hunting reports? I looked at your posts but there are too many for me to find the ones wave

Posts: 47 | Location: Florida | Registered: 27 June 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:
How did this IDIOT ever become a Idaho Wildlife commissioner?

He’s a good guy who made a stupid decision.

He might be a good guy, but, he certainly does not deserve to be in this job!

Utterly stupid action from him!

His mental ability is on the same level as Gervais!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66933 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:
How did this IDIOT ever become a Idaho Wildlife commissioner?

He’s a good guy who made a stupid decision.

He might be a good guy, but, he certainly does not deserve to be in this job!

Utterly stupid action from him!

His mental ability is on the same level as Gervais!

He emailed pictures to people he thought were friends. The pictures were never meant to be public. Poor judgement? Yes. But guilty of picking the wrong people to call friends, nothing more

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 817 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I shot a sow pig. Upon approaching her, she had “ejected” about 8 piglets after the she had died. It was a strange feeling, but the landowner was happy. I guess it was an economical shot. In one pull of the trigger, I saved him from a lot of damage. Would I post a picture of it, or even take a picture? Hell no. Would I do it again? Hell yes.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
This is all a case of opinion! coffee

That being said, I have never posted pictures on the internet simply because it is simply inviting problems for me and my family from the misguided KNOW-IT-ALL dip crap so called experts on what others should do. Anything is OK with them as long as they agree with your activity.
I have hunted since that age of six years, and am now in my eighty second year of life. I abide by all game laws, and fair chase. But I simply refuse to feed the antis with examples of pictures that they can misrepresent to folks who don't know better, and take their word for what they write, thus gaining support for their lies.

I have told all my family that they are not to post my hunts on face-book.

If that makes me what some call a coward so be it. I simply refuse to load their guns, to shoot at all of us on the internet. Others may do as they please!

……………………………………………………….. old patriot

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very wise. Facebook is a cesspool of those from every stripe.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
quote:

Very wise. Facebook is a cesspool of those from every stripe.

Yes it is. Here’s a story from Scotland: https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/...%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

The irony here is the hunter, while posting a selfie, says she is “disconnecting from this social media driven world” when every goddam picture she posted was clearly intended for social media. The rise of the Internet hunter is not helping things. We can thank the manufacturers by using these sods as “brand ambassadors” for generating more of these type of people than you can shake a stick at. Then again, they are just in it for the money anyway.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Is there any organization out there that is defending hunters rights in the social media space ?

All the national bodies SCI, DSC, PHASA, NAPHA, DJV, BASC etc etc seem to avoid the social media battle grounds. And I don't know of any global body that is out there promoting and countering.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dumb bastards that classify what is in fact an animal carcass as a "corpse" coffee

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
Dumb bastards that classify what is in fact an animal carcass as a "corpse" coffee

The Sapir-Whorf hypothesis in action.