Find
Notify
Tools

Darting Rhino with Bow???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Arrow Slinger
posted
Anybody out there ever darted a Rhino with a Bow? Any sugesstions on how to set up my equipment to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. Going in May -- I know that the draw weight must be greatly reduced, but would like to know if anyone who haunts AR has actually done this, or if you'all could put me in touch with someone who has.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 106 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Careful "Spiral Horn" some here will call that a "stunt hunt" an suggest a 600 NE as t he only weapon to do it with Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no no cats - not a 600 - just a hypodermic needle. Sneak up behind the creature and jab him kinda like apygmy does in all the old tarzan movies

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
why not just build a fire ontop of a pit and watch him fall in as he tries to snuff it out?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safari Hunter's Journal the TV show did a show where the host Steve Scott darted a rhino with a bow. From memory, I can't recall much about the setup.

Maybe he would be willing to chat about it or answer some questions. Maybe you could gleen some info off his website.

the show's website