THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Best taxideremist / Freight co. in Windhoek

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Best taxideremist / Freight co. in Windhoek
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Robert,

No help on a Windhoek taxidermist for dipping, but I used Namibia Safari Services (Herald Preschel - namsaf@iway.na) to ship my trophies home. Everything came through with flying colors and was very professionally and timely conducted in forwarding everything on when my trophies were delivered to Windhoek.

I used Coppersmiths to clear customs on this side and they were fine too.

K

Posts: 211 | Location: West of the Big Muddy | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
For freight forwarding I've used International Freightways Namibia four times without a hitch. A Mr. Hufnagl is who I dealt with and he is a straight-arrow businessman.

Have also had taxidermy work done by Reiser and was completely satisfied.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Robert

We were sent to Reiser's Taxidermy by our Namibian Outfitter in 2001 and I will never use them again. Charges were out of line for services received and they just sat on the trophies once they were ready to ship. I protested their charges and Reiser's stopped answering my emails. Finally, Coppersmith's agents in Windhoek went out to Reiser's and recover my trophies. Coppersmiths agents then arranged shipping with another air carrier at half the cost the Reisers had quoted me and saved me about $500 US dollars. If you use Reiser's, be careful.

Ron L

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, after three African hunts I have learned to get quotes (in writing) before leaving the US.

I don't know if it's just me but the last time I shipped capes and horns everybody tried to pad the bill.
First I paid $12,000 for an all inclusive buffalo hunt, only to have the outfitter add $500
for dipping and crating (cardboard box). He insisted I misunderstood the term "all inclusive".
Then the air cargo transporter tried to add $125 for a bogus veterinarian clearance in London.
I didn't pay it because my hides never went through London.

Believe me I have learned to get EVERYTHING in writing!

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Vaughan Fulton in April, and have had no word on the status of my or my partner's trophies since. I did have a request for more money from Vaughan once we got home saying that he forgot to charge me dipping fees, but I needed his wire info and to confirm the exact amount before I could send anything. I received an email from his wife over the summer saying he was hunting and he would email later, but I've heard nothing since. I believe they quarantine them or something since we were north of the fence. We have not had any correspondence giving times of quarantine, where they went to, where they should go to, recommendations for shipping etc.

I am just suprised you already have yours back! Where did you hunt and who with? I'm going to follow up with Vaughan again. I have already sent an email off to INF or whatever that freight forwarding company in Windhoek is called. Both myself and my partner have been getting a little nervous. I am sure everything will be fine though.

Posts: 244 | Location: Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote