New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari Recommendations/Outfitters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been to RSA one time. Very nice time and very nice trophies with Madubula Safaris. Now, it's time to go back and a few aquaintenances, and their wives, are also interested in making the show. Duration of trip will be 10-14 days in country. Now, of course, I'm the "safari vet"(Right), so I get to suggest country and PH. This means the pressure's on me to make everyone happy which, of course, means I have fallen into the trap. Of course, two of us want to hunt sable, one of us wants to hunt buff, all want the typical plains game(kudu, eland, zebra, etc) and all of the women(3 wives) have indicated a preference for "a lodge with real beds, bathrooms, and a view" as opposed to a tented camp. This whole thing seems to point towards Zimbabwe given what I have to work with here, but, Zim is not mandatory. Suggestions for a safari company meeting the expectations are what I need. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Posts: 97 | Location: Houston, TX USA | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike
You should first come up with a budget from each hunter. I would guess your looking at $15,000 - $25,000 for a 10-14 day buffalo sable hunt.

If you you wanting a truly wild hunt? You options will be limited if you must have a lodge with real toilets and a view.

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD:
.... a preference for "a lodge with real beds, bathrooms, and a view" as opposed to a tented camp.

Some tented camps can be very luxurious with real beds, ensuite bathrooms and views too BTW.

Have a look at some of the luxury tented game viewing camps. Undoubtably some hunting safari camps would offer similar for the right price.

Pierre van Wyk in Zimbabwe was offering a luxury camp option for hunting safaris through HHK. Not sure about the ensuites but definitely a step up or two in style and tradition. The ladies will love it I think. Smiler

It was being offered at Chirisa and is still featured on the HHK website.

quote:
Luxury Classic Tented Safari

HHK Safaris is now offering a classic, luxury, mobile tented safari option whereby hunters can book a mobile camp in the ways of years gone by.

Experience the aura of an authentic African safari in the heart of big five country in the same manner and style as such legends as Frederick Courtney Selous and Theodore Roosevelt. Our exclusive, quality, tented safari, offers all comforts and amenities including a private bathroom with specially designed flush toilet en-suite.

In days gone by, according to tradition, on a safari the professional hunter would scout a specific hunting area before the arrival of his guests, with the requested bag of species in mind. Next, the entire camp, along with a compliment of experienced of staff, would be transported into the area and set up at the selected site.

With over 4 million acres of unspoiled wilderness under our control, we can tailor make a safari for you, taking in a number of different areas and species.

For an additional $200 per day on our published safari prices, hunters can experience safaris as they should be.

Mobile luxury tented safari

Have fun.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Check out Charlton McCallum. My girlfriend and I are going for buff/sable with them in August '07.

http://www.buzzcharltonsafaris.com/index.htm

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
http://www.shangaanhunters.com/index.htm

MikeD,

I book for Gordon Duncan Shangaan Hunters. Their lodges will keep the ladies happy while you gents are out hunting.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HHK Safaris, www.hhksafaris.com, have fairly luxurious accomodations in most of their camps. They have chalets under thatch with insuite toilets and showers. The Lemco Conservancy has the species that you are looking for with very very good trophy quality. I can recommend them highly as I have hunted with them 5 times and I am scheduled for a sixth in 2007.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PeterV
posted Hide Post
Mike,

PM sent.

Peter V
www.africanhuntersguild.com
southern Africa

Posts: 90 | Location: southern Africa | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote