THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zimbabwe introduces new 30 cent note!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe introduces new 30 cent note!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Zimbabwe has just introduced a new 50,000 dollar bill. For those who follow our crazy currency this is one of those "funny" notes with an expiry date on - like the 5000, 10,000 and 20,000 dollar bills. All of the low denomination notes have expired , but as there is nothing else, everybody, including government continues to use them

When the new note was first anounced 2 weeks ago it was worth US 50 cents, but we are devaluing fast - on wednesday when the new money came into circulation the exchange rate was Z$150,000 : 1US$ This morning the rate is Z$ 170,000 to 1 US$

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Ganyana

I guess there is a run on the sale of scotch ( donkey) carts and wheel barrows to lug all the long bucks around (-:

Cheers

Peter ( Old sun burnt long lost ex: Rhodesian downunder )

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
jumping

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I have 2 - 20,000 Bearer Cheques (expiry 31 Dec., 2005) and 350 in currency. A total of Zim$40,350

So I have about US$0.24. Roll Eyes

Regards,

Terry

P.S.
I also have a Zim$2 coin, it is worth US$0.000012.

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
How can I get one of these notes? (I collect currency from the world.)

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That's expensive toilet paper. Big Grin

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
Zimbabwe has just introduced a new 50,000 dollar bill. For those who follow our crazy currency this is one of those "funny" notes with an expiry date on - like the 5000, 10,000 and 20,000 dollar bills. All of the low denomination notes have expired , but as there is nothing else, everybody, including government continues to use them

Soon the cost to produce will exceed the value

When the new note was first anounced 2 weeks ago it was worth US 50 cents, but we are devaluing fast - on wednesday when the new money came into circulation the exchange rate was Z$150,000 : 1US$ This morning the rate is Z$ 170,000 to 1 US$

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
George,

Actually if you use good bog roll, using the notes is probably cheaper and easier to find in Zim.

It is stunning the suicide rate in Zim isn't higher amoung what remains of the white population. Bore holes in yards, generators, shortages of fuel, sugar, Cokes, bread, mealie and basic needs for infants. Waiting in line for hours to pay utilities and for permits and licenses. Having to travel to Zambia for necessities...Zambia for gods sake. A country that was a joke to Rhodesians, much like we in Oklahoma poke fun at Arkansas. Now Zambian currency is worth more than Zimbabwe currency. Who would have ever thought they would have seen that day?

Ganyana I don't know how you and my other friends in Zim do it each day? What is more unbelievable is you go about your lives with a happiness and optimism that is stunning given the hell you must cope with everyday. I suppose it must be the ability to escape to the bush so easily, even if it now means a long walk as fuel is so rare, that keeps you from chewing on a gun barrel. Zimbos are a resilient lot who just "make a plan" everyday when the basic services of a civilization are yet again not delivered and the money in their pockets yesterday is worth 20% less today. 115 years from a benevolent king, grass huts, donkey carts, water wells and cooking fires to a malevolent king, block huts, donkey carts, water wells and cooking fires...what progress.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PWN with Space, Sunshine and Servants you can survive many things... Like the old Kenya hands used to say- I'd rather be murdered in my bed than have to make it Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ya know, this tragedy has played on for so long now that I have to wonder why someone has not taken history into his or her own hands and retired the author of this madness. I think God would be understanding about it.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16628 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Ganyana,

"We used to go to Rhodesia to visit the ruins of Zimbabwe; now we go to Zimbabwe to visit the ruins of Rhodesia."

Who is Cde Mugabe blaming for the inflation?

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who is responsible for our inflation? They gay gangsters- Bush and Blair - at least according to todays Herald newspaper (NB the herald is the official government paper = Hope Everybody Reads All Lies 'n Deception)

Look on the bright side- at least Zimbabwe has standards- we didn't vote for Clinton!

one of us
posted Hide Post
OH.."I thought it was Mugabe and his crew that
screwed over Zimbabwe".I stand corrected.

LONG LIVE RHODESIA

Posts: 714 | Location: CT | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ganyana,

Yea, no citizen of Zimbabwe voted for Clinton and not many voted for Mugabe either!

Unfortunately, both jerks still "won".

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote