THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    DAPU new website/ http://www.dapuzim.com/index.html

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DAPU new website/ http://www.dapuzim.com/index.html
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Folks- today we launched the new DAPU website. http://www.dapuzim.com/index.html I would love your feed back as it is not "final" as such. Please note that I have not mentioned hunting on the site. This was after alot of careful deliberation and the reason is while at the moment ( and not surprisingly as you will see on "Donors" it is ONLY hunters) however the reality is that despite the generous donations from fellow hunters we fall well short ( about 50%) of the running costs which myself and Myles cover.

It is our intention to try and secure NGO etc backing to firstly make DAPU self running and secondly hopefully to be able to increase in sixe and effectiveness. However with " hunting" on the site we have already had several potential ignorant donors turn away. However anyone who looks deeply enough will know that DAPU exists almost purely to hunters who are the greatest conservationists. Constructive crit will be appreciated! Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would also just quickly like to say thanks to the following AR members that have donated this year to help DAPU (as you will see there are MANY of you that have donated over the last few years also which we have noted on the CONTRIBUTORS- with out you AR folks we could not have got DAPU up and running- THANKYOU!! This year we would like to thanks

Bill Campbell - for helping set up the site and covering all the related costs
Jytte Mejnertsen- Boots and GPS
Marty Vick- Handcuffs
Mike Core-Hand cuffs and sleeping bags
Bob Keeler- Mattresses
David Maple-Mattresses
Morten Skarra- Tents
Frederik Carl Nagel-Back packs
Larry Shores- Tryes
Piet Gertenbach ( Zim) 1000kg mealie meal and 600L of diesel

Thanks you so much- this year will be particularly hard as with the US Fish and Wild life ban it means hardly any ele bull hunts sold and this has severely eroded our ability to run DAPU but we are getting on control of poaching! JFYI on RESULTS this year we do not have the ele dealers arrested (6) and 3 meat poachers arrested as we await confirmation of their sentence and once we have these confirmations then it gets noted down. All the best CMS team

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Well designed and inclusive web site.
Shows your purpose, your process and your accomplishments in practical and specific terms. It's also current!

Perfect, Keep the kettle boiling. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3407 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buz and Myles,

I think it is a great start.

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Buzz
The site looks good. Very easy to navigate.

Keep up the great work you and Myles are doing

Posts: 761 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Keeler:
Great looking site.

Thank you for standing tall for what is righteous in our creators world as you and your team have no easy task.

Keep the faith and shoot straight.
Bob Keeler

Posts: 195 | Location: Douglas, Wyoming | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
I would also just quickly like to say thanks to the following AR members that have donated this year to help DAPU (as you will see there are MANY of you that have donated over the last few years also which we have noted on the CONTRIBUTORS- with out you AR folks we could not have got DAPU up and running- THANKYOU!! This year we would like to thanks

Bill Campbell - for helping set up the site and covering all the related costs
Jytte Mejnertsen- Boots and GPS
Marty Vick- Handcuffs
Mike Core-Hand cuffs and sleeping bags
Bob Keeler- Mattresses
David Maple-Mattresses
Morten Skarra- Tents
Frederik Carl Nagel-Back packs
Larry Shores- Tryes
Piet Gertenbach ( Zim) 1000kg mealie meal and 600L of diesel

Thanks you so much- this year will be particularly hard as with the US Fish and Wild life ban it means hardly any ele bull hunts sold and this has severely eroded our ability to run DAPU but we are getting on control of poaching! JFYI on RESULTS this year we do not have the ele dealers arrested (6) and 3 meat poachers arrested as we await confirmation of their sentence and once we have these confirmations then it gets noted down. All the best CMS team

So the major funder is Piet from Zim. You just gotta raise a glass to that fellow.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys another comment which is very true is that we have a 1% DAPU levy on hunts. This will be added in as we hunt . We have not started this season yet.

Andrew- all are major donors for us and much appreciated. As you know even a little goes a long way. You are right though Piets donation was great and what I can tell you is the initiative from fellow Zim guys is amazing under hard times. Piets donation was originally for the anti poaching initiative that a few hunters set up in Mana which has been halted after Claudio and Max terrible accident. Piet then forwarded it on to us.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Buzz and Andrew for the kind words. I am now determined to get more donations for you as it is imperative that anti poaching projects work. Our kids will not have pleasure of enjoying hunting and just being amongst animals that we have had, if projects like yours dont survive. The Zambezi Valley is one of the major reasons i have not left Zim. Lets keep fighting the fight.

Posts: 3 | Location: zimbabwe | Registered: 20 February 2015Reply With Quote