THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Southafrican PMP bullets-Good bullets!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Southafrican PMP bullets-Good bullets!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
I never saw any mention about them around here, in the african forum.

They are great bullets, I used a 286 round nose 9,3 caliber to kill two pigs with one shot last weekend Big Grin (complete story in rest of the world forum). Also they have worked well in waterbuffs.

I reccomend you when shooping around RSA to buy a couple of boxes and give them a try. I also used in the past the 180 grainers in a 30-06 for kudus, impalas, warthog, wildebeest,etc with great success.

Good bullets and not expensives.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
My previous post looks like a sale advertisment!! Roll Eyes

Only sharing experience.....for my disgrace I don't have nothing to do with them Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Giraffe Hunter
posted Hide Post
I had got a couple of boxes to try out at the range a while back, I think it was .243 & .308. They shot well enough to take hunting, but I have other ammo that is more accurate.

Giraffe Hunter

Posts: 286 | Location: Corning, NY | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,

Was it the plain PMP bullets/ammo or the Pro Amm ? That will make a big difference.

Even if they are Pro Amm they compare to Remington Core bonded bullets as long as you don't push up the speed past 2700 fps. So they are not the best but for soft game and practise they are great.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
I shoot alot of PMP in 30 06 and .375. The ammo works well and is very accurate

Aleko

Hits count, misses don't

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know where, on the net. this ammo can be purchased? Several have sone, but no one seems to carry the complete line. tghanks capt david

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds. Get closer!

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote