THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Out of Africa: Tielman Erasmus back at it as Wild Africa Hunting Safaris
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Out of Africa: Tielman Erasmus back at it as Wild Africa Hunting Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure about actual links on the website - but if you google 'sci hunting ethics' you get this as the first result...

http://member.scifirstforhunte...s/Ethics_Process.pdf

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted in RSA this past September. One morning the local SAPS officer was there taking reports from my outfitters employees. Allegedly the folks from "Out of Africa" were using helicopters to chase game onto their own property. I have no reason to believe 10 people were lying.

Posts: 521 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
Not sure about actual links on the website - but if you google 'sci hunting ethics' you get this as the first result...

It should be on the SCI website WITHOUT having to Google it !

Would it not seem logical to have all relevant information readily available on their official website? - Dunno, maybe I'm being illogical. coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's in the "Members Only" section? That would make sense, since only members could access it. Keeps the shoe clerks out, and the "haters" guessing, huh?

Larry Sellers
SCI (International) Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

Would it not seem logical to have all relevant information readily available on their official website? - Dunno, maybe I'm being illogical. coffee

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
that's strange. when i go to www.scifirstforhunters.org, i don't see a member's only drop down menu. i do notice that the above link for the "ethics" complaint area was last revised in 2007. that's a good thing- otherwise at least 1 past president would be out of the club. unless, of course, you consider shooting moose from a chopper as fair chase.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
that's strange. when i go to www.scifirstforhunters.org, i don't see a member's only drop down menu. i do notice that the above link for the "ethics" complaint area was last revised in 2007. that's a good thing- otherwise at least 1 past president would be out of the club. unless, of course, you consider shooting moose from a chopper as fair chase.....

You are being far too lenient about this.

One past president is only the tip of the iceberg.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Maybe it's in the "Members Only" section? That would make sense, since only members could access it. Keeps the shoe clerks out, and the "haters" guessing, huh?

Larry Sellers
SCI (International) Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

And how does a prospective member get to know these details then ?
Don't you think it would be the logical thing to have it posted openly or is it restricted information?
When joining a club or association one is given an application form with all relevant information, code of conduct, attire, loyalty, etc. but then again with SCI I guess these points are frivolous details which have no meaning anyway and designed for people like yourself. Wink

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
As regards the suggestion these things shouldn't be discussed here because of who else might read it:

You can't make a wrong thing right by sweeping it under the carpet & by trying to do so, one is simply further incriminating because they're condoning the crime by staying silent.

The only way to reduce the chances of the dodgy buggers continuing their dodgy practices is to expose them for what they are which in turn just might reduce the chances of others pulling similar stunts.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think I read in an old book about hunting in Mozambique, where one of the SCI bigwigs used dogs to get some trophy.

It was illegal to use dogs where he did.

So this culture of anything goes to get a trophy has been going on for many years.

May be that is why the SCI cheerleaders do not wish it to be made public?

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
quote:
And how does a prospective member get to know these details then ?
Don't you think it would be the logical thing to have it posted openly or is it restricted information?
When joining a club or association one is given an application form with all relevant information, code of conduct, attire, loyalty, etc. but then again with SCI I guess these points are frivolous details which have no meaning anyway and designed for people like yourself. Wink

The appearance of law must be upheld, especially when it's being broken. ~ Boss Tweed

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

email: editorusa(@)africanxmag(dot)com

African Expedition Magazine: http://www.africanxmag.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alan.p.bunn

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EditorUSA

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I think I read in an old book about hunting in Mozambique, where one of the SCI bigwigs used dogs to get some trophy.

So this culture of anything goes to get a trophy has been going on for many years.

Well done Saeed - you just made 1+1 equal 3.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well done Saeed - you just made 1+1 equal 3.

No Matt.

I got my figures just right.

It is the cheerleaders who don't want to see the reality of this organization full of corruption!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why are you still a member of this 'organization full of corruption'?

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Matt,

I joined them about 30 years ago.

I certainly would not join SCI from what I know now!

Picture of Safari Afrika 1
posted Hide Post
quote:
i dropped old Forrest a PM on his Facebook page and asked him if he was aware of who he is doing business with. can't wait for an answer but i won't hold my breathe.

Interesting reading !!! So any reply from Forrest Parker ??

Richard Lemmer
www.safariafrika.net
richard@safariafrika.net
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages.../310296474391?ref=hl
Twitter :@safari_afrika

Posts: 16 | Location: Waterberg Mountains , Limpopo , South Africa | Registered: 31 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Matt,

Why not resign then? You're not stuck as a life member if you disagree so whole heartedly. Just send them the resignation papers.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
quote:

Matt,

Why not resign then? You're not stuck as a life member if you disagree so whole heartedly. Just send them the resignation papers.

Are they going to refund my money, with interest? clap

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Matt,

Are they going to refund my money, with interest? clap

Cop Out answer at best! What does the money you paid for the life membership have to do with it at this point Saeed? That money has been paid at this point whether you remain a member or not. So you are saying that you choose to remain a member of a "corrupt organization" (your words not mine) simply because you paid them previously? It's called principle sir! If you feel as strongly about it as you constantly profess, why continue supporting them by having your name on their membership roles?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
That's the whole point.
I do not support them anymore, and if they will pay me back, with interest, I will be very happy to get my money back!

SCI is becoming more irrelevant every day!

Some high power individuals in SCI have been supporting the same crooks who used to run Out of Africa even now!

Remember the old saying "birds of a feather always flock together"!

It is very relevant in this case!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's the whole point.
I do not support them anymore, and if they will pay me back, with interest, I will be very happy to get my money back!

Some high power individuals in SCI have been supporting the same crooks who used to run Out of Africa even now!

I say again, it's about principle, not the money you paid for the membership Saeed. That money is spent whether you remain a member or not. But you are choosing to remain a member of an organization you believe to be crooked! WHY? In hopes of getting your membership dues back with interest? That simply doesn't make sense Saeed.

Let me put it another way:

If SCI pays you back your life membership dues, with interest, you will resign because in your opinion it is a corrupt organization.

But if SCI will not pay you back your life membership dues, with interest, you will remain a member of a corrupt organization (again your opinion) because the money is more important to you than the principle of associating with crooks?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
That's the whole point.

I say again, it's about principle, not the money you paid for the membership Saeed. That money is spent whether you remain a member or not. But you are choosing to remain a member of an organization you believe to be crooked! WHY? In hopes of getting your membership dues back with interest? That simply doesn't make sense Saeed.

If SCI pays you back your life membership dues, with interest, you will resign because in your opinion it is a corrupt organization.

But if SCI will not pay you back your life membership dues, with interest, you will remain a member of a corrupt organization (again your opinion) because the money is more important to you than the principle of associating with crooks?

Think whatever you like Todd.

It is totally irrelevant as far as I am concerned.

SCI top management won't change.
The rot has gone far too deep.

They have become like politicians.
They live in their own little world, far removed from the world we live in.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
That's the whole point.

Think whatever you like Todd.

It is totally irrelevant as far as I am concerned.

SCI top management won't change.
The rot has gone far too deep.

They have become like politicians.
They live in their own little world, far removed from the world we live in.

OK, so again, if that's the case, why be associated with them by having your name on their membership roles? Simply because they won't refund your membership dues with interest?

Sorry but I don't get it Sir

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
One last statement as I'm obviously killpc.

In this particular case, I'm not arguing the merits of SCI. For the purposes of the argument, I'm ceding your points. I'm asking WHY, if that's the way you feel about it are you putting a paltry sum of money in terms of dues and interest ahead of your principles?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

In this particular case, I'm not arguing the merits of SCI. For the purposes of the argument, I'm ceding your points. I'm asking WHY, if that's the way you feel about it are you putting a paltry sum of money in terms of dues and interest ahead of your principles?

Todd, as you seem to be totally clueless of what I have been trying to say. It IS the principle of it that I ask for my money back, plus interest.

Do you honestly think I care about what I had paid for my life membership?

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Todd, as you seem to be totally clueless of what I have been trying to say. It IS the principle of it that I ask for my money back, plus interest.

Do you honestly think I care about what I had paid for my life membership?

Uggghh! Clueless indeed! killpc

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari Afrika 1:
quote:
i dropped old Forrest a PM on his Facebook page and asked him if he was aware of who he is doing business with. can't wait for an answer but i won't hold my breathe.

Interesting reading !!! So any reply from Forrest Parker ??

no. i just posted a public reply on his Facebook page detailing the issue and linking this thread. MAYBE THAT WILL GET HIS ATTENTION! It will be interesting to see what happens next!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Let me put it this way.

If there is anyone, anyone, who is in the hunting industry, who has not been aware of what Out of Africa and SCI has been doing the past few years.

He has no business selling hunts or representing anyone.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
follow up: since i had no response to my PM to Forrest via his Wild Africa Safaris Facebook page( trying to keep it private), i posted openly on the page last night. i publicly asked him if he knew he was booking hunts for a US convicted wildlife felon? a few minutes later, i posted a link to this thread for his further info. i just checked and both posts have been deleted. obviously he knows exactly who he is dealing with- and doesn't care... sad, really sad.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
follow up: since i had no response to my PM to Forrest via his Wild Africa Safaris Facebook page( trying to keep it private), i posted openly on the page last night. i publicly asked him if he knew he was booking hunts for a US convicted wildlife felon? a few minutes later, i posted a link to this thread for his further info. i just checked and both posts have been deleted. obviously he knows exactly who he is dealing with- and doesn't care... sad, really sad.

He has just removed any doubts anyone could have about his involvement!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
certainly looks that way. you sleep with dogs, you are going to get fleas