New
Find
Notify
Tools

No in-transit permit req in RSA
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I spoke to the folks a Gracy travel here in town and they tell me that rifles can now be checked on thru Joburg to Namibia without getting in line for an in-transit permit.
maybe they saw the light.
Lucio

Posts: 57 | Location: san antonio texas | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent. The same info I got from Anne at Air2000 in Jo-burg

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Going over to Windhoek was a breeze; coming back into Atlanta I still had to check thru with Immigration, Customs, Firearms, and Agriculture. Then put your stuff back onto conveyor to be loaded on connecting flight. Word of warning-if you've been in country, they will want to spray your hunting boots to disinfect for hoof/mouth disease. Bring along a trash bag and put your boots on top in your luggage. Took me 30 seconds and was not messy (Thanks, Terry!), but some people had all their belongings strewn on the floor getting to boots.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

d. Bring along a trash bag and put your boots on top in your luggage. Took me 30 seconds and was not messy (Thanks, Terry!),

Gee thanks, nice to hear that somebody really did listen to the details.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote