New
Find
Notify
Tools

hatari
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
was just watching the show hatari - hatari is the swalli word for danger- good name for the show - but today it would have to be named something like blaseer or maybe even biebs

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I love all those old shows.

They make the shows of today look like an advertising blurb!

Every now and then I turn the Outdoor Channel on, an I have never been able to watch a full episode of anything they show.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Saeed, there are very few that I like.

Me too.

The only one, and it is because he advertises minimally is Rugged Expeditions, with J. Allan Smith.

I think he might have won the Weatherby, but I haven't looked that up.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am watching a really good show-

Saeeds 2014 safari--------

Thanks again Saeed for taking us all along.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why Butch? because you don't think a Blaser would do anything but cause the animal to fall over laughing so they could collect them for the Zoo (which is as I recall what Hatari the movie was about?)

Face it, cable TV is just about ads. If we don't watch, it will go away. Its one of the things that make productions like Saeed's annual trip so much different.

I showed my dad some footage from Saeed's last excursion because I am going to an area in the Selous. His comment was that that was what he and his friends did with home movies back in the day, just no where near as well done (and who wants to see a bunch of preadolescents on a family vacation to a tourist trap nowdays? except maybe Walter counts....)

Posts: 11033 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boerbokrib
posted Hide Post
With postal service here in SA i am still waiting for the 2014 Hunting disks as well.

Posts: 291 | Location: Sourh Africa | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful Jan Olephse was the stand in for John Wayne. He was in every way, Mr. Africa.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watched it again the other day. Enjoyed it again!

Posts: 51 | Location: South East Ohio | Registered: 27 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love "Hatari"! I've seen the camp where a lot of it was filmed, albeit from afar on the foothills of Mount Meru.

Spent the night in the Arusha Hotel and wanted to have a drink in the Hatari Bar, where John Wayne and the other caste members supposedly hung out, but they were closed by the time I got there.

Really neat garden there by the way. And gambling if you are so inclined. I'm not.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed a few cold ones in the Hatari bar. Smiler

Posts: 1824 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I recently bought the Hatari DVD, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid.

One thing I like about those movies back then was there was still some wonder and optimism left in the world, unlike the more pessimistic world today.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
An era gone by. A true classic. John Wayne , Colonial East Africa , what more do you want in a show ?

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted document.write('<nobr>'+ myTimeZone('Wed, 06 May 2015 09:17:23 GMT-0700', '06 May 2015 21:17')+'</nobr>');06 May 2015 21:1706 May 2015 21:17Hide PostI recently bought the Hatari DVD, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid.One thing I like about those movies back then was there was still some wonder and optimism left in the world, unlike the more pessimistic world today.

Dallas was some extreme optimism. Nice film. Damn how Arusha has changed.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote