New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 Guns with NW/KLM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Maybe wrong forum but the NW website allows up to 4 guns per case. I am going to TZ in August with NW/KLM and am curious if anyone has travelled with them with at least 3 guns in one case? Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
I was specifically informed to take no more than 2 guns in a case last year when I went to TZ.

While I have a 4 gun case, I took a 2 gun case and a single gun case.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
NW says 4 guns max with 11 lbs ammo max in separate case.
KLM makes no mention of number of guns on their website.
Suggest you print out copy of firearms transport rules from their websites and take it with you in case you run into incompetents.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was also told to bring only two firearms per case to Tz 05 and 06. The problem is not the air carrier but Tz customs and police services. Since you arrive Dar @ 10 pm or so consider two nights @ the hotel instead of one as KLM is notorious for lost luggage especially firearms. The extra day may allow you to hunt with your own rifle. If you are not already booked consider the Sea Cliff. If you are deplaning @ Arusha disregard most of the above info.

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
In July of 2005 I carried 3 guns on KLM in a Tuffpak to Tanzania and had no problems. The guns went through the full Tanzanian inspection coming and going without a hitch.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote